www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    SUCKS!

I bought a cheap Barska 1" rimfire scope and rifle base from optics planet for my kids' new Savage Rascal. They backordered the base with no ETA so I just ordered it direct. It showed up, but is a full size (picatinny or weaver, not sure). Of course the scope comes with the small rimfire dovetail rings. grrrr. Not exactly a match for the typical rimfire scope.

Oh well, I guess its off to buy some rings. Hopefully they make them for a scope so small. seems a bit silly to put a full size scope on a .22 single shot bolt action.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    the rascal is the Savage equivalent to a Cricket. its a tiny, youth size single shot bolt action that shoots .22 shorts through 22LR.

the peep sight is atrocious. Probably the worst sight I have EVER seen on ANY gun.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    The Rascal uses the same Weaver bases as the Savage MkII .22 rifles. There are plenty of small/compact scopes out there that use standard Weaver rings. As long as your scope's body is 1" diameter, swapping the rimfire rings out for Weaver shouldn't present a problem, and the attachment will be much more secure.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    The Rascal uses the same Weaver bases as the Savage MkII .22 rifles. There are plenty of small/compact scopes out there that use standard Weaver rings. As long as your scope's body is 1" diameter, swapping the rimfire rings out for Weaver shouldn't present a problem, and the attachment will be much more secure.

I assume you guys have those rings in stock?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Nothing wrong with a full sized scope and it can stay surprisingly stable if you put both rings at the back.

8491448826_042bc85bb3_c.jpg

Top Bottom