• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    Beautiful gun. You do excellent work. Is there any noticeable difference in the amount of muzzle rise after machining the Hi-Power style, lightning cuts on the slide?

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    Beautiful gun. You do excellent work. Is there any noticeable difference in the amount of muzzle rise after machining the Hi-Power style, lightning cuts on the slide?

I didn't shoot it first since it didn't have sights and other issues so I can't answer that. But not only did I do my cuts, the slide has been lightened on the inside from the factory. I can say the slide was cycling to fast for my taste and I had to slow it down a bit to keep it from beating up the frame.
    Muzzle rise on this one I cant say, it's a pretty light gun to begin with.

BigRed3588

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 4, 2013
    Boynton Beach

I fired the gun pre and post cuts and didn't notice any difference in muzzle rise.

As Allen stated in his initial post, he's done work for me before and I know his work is quality. Still, I had some reservations about the salvageability of this gun throughout the process. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the outcome and this one will definitely be a mainstay in my collection.

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I fired the gun pre and post cuts and didn't notice any difference in muzzle rise.

As Allen stated in his initial post, he's done work for me before and I know his work is quality. Still, I had some reservations about the salvageability of this gun throughout the process. Needless to say, I'm thrilled with the outcome and this one will definitely be a mainstay in my collection.

Thanks for trusting me to do this for you

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County
    Wow. WOW. Honestly, the anti-glare slide cuts, along with the way you machined the whole top of it, are just outstanding. I don't think I'd have thought to do "arrow" style cuts like that. Really, really nice!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    1. It's tough to fix someone else's mistakes, especially a collection of mistakes by several people.
    2. That is some very nice work!

This is a success story of a classic silk purse from a sow's ear!

Top Bottom