• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I've wanted a bigger caliber than the 9mm so I bought a Ruger SR40. Ive only ran 50 rounds through it but I like it. For a double stack it has a fairly narrow grip. The recoil isnt much more than my XD9sc.

sr40c.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Man, I feel really bad and owe an apology to fellow INGO member mikefraz. I just saw he has a SR40 for sale and he doesnt live that far from me. I would have loved to give the money to a fine young man like Mike. Sorry Mike. :(

I've learned a lesson today. Check out the classified adds here before looking elsewhere.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    The SR40 seems to developed a couple of problems. First, when I try to insert a full (or partially loaded) mag I really have to slam the mag to get it to seat. With the slide open the mag goes in really smooth. Second, when I try to rack a round it will partially feed the cartridge and get jammed. In order to get a round fully chambered I have to be aggressive and let the slide fly forward. The gun does cycle without a problem when fired.

Ive been in contact woth ruger and they say send it back and they will take care of it.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    The SR40 seems to developed a couple of problems. First, when I try to insert a full (or partially loaded) mag I really have to slam the mag to get it to seat. With the slide open the mag goes in really smooth. Second, when I try to rack a round it will partially feed the cartridge and get jammed. In order to get a round fully chambered I have to be aggressive and let the slide fly forward. The gun does cycle without a problem when fired.

Ive been in contact woth ruger and they say send it back and they will take care of it.

I wouldnt worry about sending it back to ruger just yet. It sounds like the spring in the mag is extremely tight. Is it hard to put rounds into the magazine? It is proper form to pull the slide back on an autoloader and allow it to sling forward. You should never ride the slide.

If the mag is hard to load, it may need exercised a little bit. Sounds like this gun/mag may need a little break in.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    I wouldnt worry about sending it back to ruger just yet. It sounds like the spring in the mag is extremely tight. Is it hard to put rounds into the magazine? It is proper form to pull the slide back on an autoloader and allow it to sling forward. You should never ride the slide.

If the mag is hard to load, it may need exercised a little bit. Sounds like this gun/mag may need a little break in.

Mag isnt that hard to load. I kust tried it with 3 rounds and it still is hard to seat. Does it with both mags too. I've shot about 300 rounds through, give or take. How much break in do you think it needs? Thanks for the reply!

Can anyone else with a SR40 tell me if theirs does what mine does?

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Thanks for the links, pudly.

Does this look right? It doesnt to me but I am a novice when it comes to handguns. My XD and Beretta dont look like this when chambering a round.

img0330xy.jpg

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Update

After a few hundred more rounds the action works smoother and it is a little easier to insert a nagazine. I am really liking the SR40! It's my EDC now.

db1959

Resident Dumbass I
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    In a garage
    Got a new holster for it. Galco CTS484B 3 slot. It holds the gun tight to the body and feels very comfortable. I need to practice my draw more to get used to the thumb break.

img0352w.jpg

Top Bottom