• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Incredible. The phone lines in China censor words like "protest." Internet searches block out words like "freedom." Facebook & Twitter are permanently banned.

China Tightens Censorship of Electronic Communications

YU3Ww.jpg

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    You should go to China and help them fix their problems with their government.... I'll start a collection for your one way airfare...

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I thought it was interesting. Amazing what governments are capable in this day and age. Protests are springing up all around the world, including right here in Indiana. Governments go to extreme lengths to retain their power.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    What if I call a company in China and say "protest?" What if I say, "I'd like to join that protest you've planned." The possibilities are endless!

Love the 1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    I thought it was interesting. Amazing what governments are capable in this day and age. Protests are springing up all around the world, including right here in Indiana. Governments go to extreme lengths to retain their power.

I agree with this. China is well known for squashing potential protests by limiting means of communication of the people. How difficult would it be for our government or an enemy to do the same thing? As our reliance on the latest technologies progresses, our access and ability to use more secure means of communication becomes less and less. Shutting down the internet and cell phone lines would be easy. Shutting down HAM radio would prove much more difficult (I need to once again get my radio license after making this point).

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I agree with this. China is well known for squashing potential protests by limiting means of communication of the people. How difficult would it be for our government or an enemy to do the same thing? As our reliance on the latest technologies progresses, our access and ability to use more secure means of communication becomes less and less. Shutting down the internet and cell phone lines would be easy. Shutting down HAM radio would prove much more difficult (I need to once again get my radio license after making this point).

Shutting down HAM radio would be no more difficult than broadcasting static on all bands with high enough power that no one could overpower it.The only forms of commo that can't be easily stopped are line-of-sight/face-to-face. (Or maybe carrier pigeon. Maybe.) Low-tech stuff, anyway. Got a flashlight? Brush up on your Morse.

Blessings,
    Bill

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana

In Indiana? Do tell. I spent half a morning Tuesday registering a new truck and was quite ready to start the revolution right in that office.

Kick

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Illinois
    -- .. ... ... / -- .- -. -.. -.-- / .. ... / .- / -.. .. .-. - -.-- / -.. .. .-. - -.-- / --. .. .-. .-..

-... ..- - / .-- .... .- - / - .... . / .... . .-.. .-.. / .. ... "TEA CLUB AT EIGHT"

... ..- .--. .--. --- ... . -.. / - --- / -- . .- -.

garlic_b

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Bloomington
    I can show rambone to all the good restaurants.

We can criticize China all day, but there are a few things I must admit are impressive;
    1) With the complete gun ban, the violent Crime rate is INCREDIBLY low. (Though it could be under-reported)
    2) Imagine 1.3 Billion non-partisan people working essentially the same goal. Willing to make huge sacrifices for their country.
    3) Societal Changes can be fast and widespread. (eg, a recent Nationwide Ban of Smoking in Public Places, or Banning Free Plastic Bags)
    4) Consistent (albeit, sometimes crappy laws). No Fed vs. State laws.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom