• ...and so much more!
  • Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    Century International Arms

Ive seen the SB15 alot lately and man do i love lil controversial things that bend the rules. "just the rebel spirt in me" .... Now what really excites me is that, I just ordered a M92 Krinkov pistol. This may be the ultimate accessory to what i think is a really neat pistol. lol As many gun guys do... I am of course planning some small upgrades for my hopefully lovely Serbian firearm. And see this as very tempting. If only you could see my evil grin and laughter as if i was the mad witch doctor in an old horror flick.

Now what do the awesome people of INGO think?

These could get banned, but worth a fortune if grandfathered and kept in the local markets. makes me think of the pre- 2004 days. 10rd mags blah. makes my stomach hurt just remembering lol
    what else?

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    Yeah, I think I'm going to try one if I can get my hands on an AK pistol again (I'd like a M92 too).

Here's TFB's review of the Sig version, and supposedly for once Century's product is better quality.
    Gun Review: Sig SB15 Pistol Stabilizing Brace Review - The Firearm Blog Interesting that for the first 2/3 of the review they talk about how hard it is to shoot one handed (wow really, a pistol AR is too heavy for one arm to hold up!?!), and then they put it on a SBRed AR and say gee that works pretty good as a short stock... ;) Even if you debate the legality of using it as a stock on a non-sbr, I don't think anybody can debate that using two hands with it is illegal, since we all would be doing that with just about every pistol. I would have loved to see them try some non-traditional two handed positions with it.

Here I think would be one good way to use it:
    TAIPAN Magazine - The SAS, The AUG, And Some Newly Discovered Solutions
    I'd kinda like to hear Suarez's take on it as a "chin stock" since before he got out of AKs he hated Dracos but since has done some pistol AR classes that he mentioned in that article.

Overall is this a silly NFA hack like the Slidefire, yes. But silly laws create sillier loopholes.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    WoW lol Frakking great response, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir. thank you very much for your amazingly intelligent and provocative comments. But i do have a small query, Most people are taught a 2 handed shooting style for control and accuracy. This is part of any firearms training class. Are you implying that most MP5, AR15 pistols, AK pistols, and other various types that use hand guards, including the guards on these hand guards that protect your hands from slipping onto the barrel. are illegal to use and are merely aesthetic? That because its classified as a "pistol" that you must shoot one handed?

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    You can use two hands, you just cannot use a VFG or a shoulder stock without registering as an SBR.

What must be said is that even with two hands, these pistol versions of rifles are terribly innaccurate. The only reason we can float a regular pistol in the air and get descent accuracy is because it is small and light. These so called pistols are heavy and off balance, and really require a shoulder stock. That is precisely why the feds don't want you to have one! Eegads, both rifle power and accuracy, and pistol maneuvarability...not for you!

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    so just out of shear ignorance i do have to ask?... does gripping the mag as i do with my normal Ak47 technique constitute illegal use? There are so many rules it boggles the mind. And i have built Aks and still am lost in the bureaucracy

MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    WoW lol Frakking great response, you are a gentleman and a scholar sir. thank you very much for your amazingly intelligent and provocative comments. But i do have a small query, Most people are taught a 2 handed shooting style for control and accuracy. This is part of any firearms training class. Are you implying that most MP5, AR15 pistols, AK pistols, and other various types that use hand guards, including the guards on these hand guards that protect your hands from slipping onto the barrel. are illegal to use and are merely aesthetic? That because its classified as a "pistol" that you must shoot one handed?
    No, but BATF's test for something to be a handgun is that it be designed to be used with one hand. But obviously we all use two hands and the BATF can't say no which is why I think you legally use these braces as shoulder stock like an AR pistol buffer tube can be (but BATF may not agree with little old me)

You can use two hands, you just cannot use a VFG or a shoulder stock without registering as an SBR.

What must be said is that even with two hands, these pistol versions of rifles are terribly innaccurate. The only reason we can float a regular pistol in the air and get descent accuracy is because it is small and light. These so called pistols are heavy and off balance, and really require a shoulder stock. That is precisely why the feds don't want you to have one! Eegads, both rifle power and accuracy, and pistol maneuvarability...not for you!
    I would agree that you can't put on a stock (SBR) or VFG (AOW, but they might be budging on that see PRODUCTS). But I would debate you can use other things magwells, magazines, buffer tubes, etc. as those items if they weren't really designed as that. BATF can't tell you how to use it, but can say that's not a legal item to put on. They may well do later with these braces if they are to obviously stocks. Alternatives to stocks I would say push the envelope the most, but for a long time BATF has allowed other things like tube padding and cane tips on buffer tube ends, this is just the next step. I agree though, rifle based pistols are a very niche thing that in many ways the worst of both worlds.

so just out of shear ignorance i do have to ask?... does gripping the mag as i do with my normal Ak47 technique constitute illegal use? There are so many rules it boggles the mind. And i have built Aks and still am lost in the bureaucracy
    No you can. It is a design test, not a usage test.

Top Bottom