• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    Debating on these two braces. Both seam to be talked highly of. I'm wondering if anyone has owned both and would like to share your opinions on goods and bads. Especially the Maxim.

Did you like the location of the QD mounts on the maxim? Is it weird on your cheek having that space between the tube and cheek weld?

Thanks!
    Adam

Last edited:

NICKT93

Plinker
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Nov 30, 2017
    MORGAN CO
    I have the SB3 and i do really enjoy it, but going from a shockwave to that is a big upgrade. it does had some weight to the overall gun but nothing drastic. As far as the Maxim i have not had any experience with it.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have both the Maxim CQB Brace, the SBA3 and the SBA4. If I had to choose the best for form & function, it would be the SBA3.

Here is my pro/con breakdown of all three.

Maxim CQB: Pros - good looking, solid. Cons - expensive, not great cheek weld, wish it collapsed more than it does, release button takes some getting used to.

SBA3: Pros - inexpensive, light weight, similar function to AR stocks, solid. Cons - least cool looking IMHO.

SBA4: Pros - solid, ease of function, looks very similar to AR stocks. Cons - heavy.

Hope this helps in your search.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm always concerned that some politics could change the legality of these things.

I feel better about this with SB Tactical products, thinking they have their ducks in order, on top of have likely sold the loinshare of these devices.

spyshot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Winchester/Union City
    I have both the Maxim CQB Brace, the SBA3 and the SBA4. If I had to choose the best for form & function, it would be the SBA3.

Here is my pro/con breakdown of all three.

Maxim CQB: Pros - good looking, solid. Cons - expensive, not great cheek weld, wish it collapsed more than it does, release button takes some getting used to.

SBA3: Pros - inexpensive, light weight, similar function to AR stocks, solid. Cons - least cool looking IMHO.

SBA4: Pros - solid, ease of function, looks very similar to AR stocks. Cons - heavy.

Hope this helps in your search.

thanks. I think I should stick with the SBA3. Maxim looks really cool, but very pricey and sounds less functional.... but man do they look cool!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom