• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I'm fond of the 12.5" barrels. Noticeably less abusive than the 10.3 or 10.5 but retains the handiness.

Agreed, plus it's long enough for a midlength gas system.

My SBR is a MK18 Mod0 clone, and I admittedly have had zero issues with reliability. Now whether the bullet is still going fast enough to do enough damage is another question.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Agreed, plus it's long enough for a midlength gas system.

My SBR is a MK18 Mod0 clone, and I admittedly have had zero issues with reliability. Now whether the bullet is still going fast enough to do enough damage is another question.

Post some pictures up of that beast! I love the Mod0's

indychad

Marksman
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    May 6, 2009
    Brown Co.
    I'm partial to my BCM 11.5, but I think anything above 10.5 from a reputable brand will be good to go.

ETA: My 11.5 is my duty gun, and it is also suppressed. I picked the 11.5 because of the thread from BCM about dwell time and their reasoning for not offering a 10.5 option through their company.

I'm about 1200 rounds in suppressed, and about 500 unsuppressed and I've had absolutely no problems whatsoever. It's an awesome rifle.

What ammo/ weight bullet does it like best when unsuppressed? Also, what range are you able to maintain consistent effective hits at with the 11.5" BCM?

Opie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Evansville
    Been running a Colt 6933 with an 11.5 for 6-7 years now and I have not had a single malfunction. I have no issues trusting my life to that gun.

Effective range with some ammo is reduced to ~75 yards when you get down around 10-12" so keep that in mind. It's still a rifle round moving really damn fast no matter how you add it up.

Top Bottom