• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I'm still going to be deployed for the next 10, or hopefully more, months. I just bought a 10.5" RRA upper, it's being stored a friends home who owns no ARs, or any other guns for that matter, to avoid constructive intent.

Is there anything I have to be physically present for? IE, could I have the fingerprint stuff mailed to me (or print it off if possible), fill out my paperwork, mail it to the states, and have someone add a money order and go from there so I don't have to wait months upon my return to have my upper? Also, I know it requires a photo, would a digital photo printed out on high quality photo paper be sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    While i am not expert, i dont see how this is going to be possible..... unless maybe the MP's are able to fingerprint you because there is a "certification" number that the PD used to authorize them taking the fingerprints.

Indecision

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    It more of a "i'm hoping it's possible" rather than "i think this is possible" scenario, lol. If we had MPs here, that was my plan, but we don't. We only have British MPs.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    You could also do a trust, corp, or llc.

No fingerprints or CLEO sign-off to worry about when you go that route. The only thing I can see is having the trust notarized when you first create it. I'm not too sure if you can have it notarized overseas or not.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    good point... i dont know if the legal department overseas would be willing to notarize something like that or not, wouldn't hurt to ask, except those guys are a pain to work with.

Top Bottom