• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CombatNinja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2012
    Lafayette
    I have a couple of questions obout the sbr. first do you register just your lower? And is it transferable between another lower for instance say your lower breaks some how? Sorry simple questions I probably know the answer to them but you have actually went through the experience and are more knowledgeable then I.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I have a couple of questions obout the sbr. first do you register just your lower? And is it transferable between another lower for instance say your lower breaks some how? Sorry simple questions I probably know the answer to them but you have actually went through the experience and are more knowledgeable then I.

You ou register the serialized part of the firearm. In the case of the AR15, the lower receiver. Should you break your receiver, no you cannot transfer your SBR status to another receiver. I Wouldn't recommend registering a lower that could possibly break, such as a polymer lower that 99.9% will be fine. For $200, buy a decent lower. Anything metal is good for me.

Beowulf

Master
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    obviously didn't use a trust, my last few trust clients had theirs back in under 35 days

Form 1s with a Trust are taking 2+ months now with eFile. It's been creeping up the past few months.

Some people have suggested there has been an influx of Form 1s being filed due to the ATF changing their stance on shouldering the Sig Arm Brace. Regardless, no one should be expecting a 30 day turnaround at this point, which sucks.

jclayton762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    mccordsville, in
    I sbr a ppsh43 . I bought it as a pistol a few years ago. I was very easy to make the stock work. I shot it back in July. One he'll of a good shooting weapon. I recommend this build to anyone interested in doing an easy sbr build

Top Bottom