SBR vs AR Pistol...Whats the difference?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The opinion letter is just that an opinion or an interpretation of the enforcement entity about shouldering a pistol with a brace. It's a very retarded opinion that you can "legally" change the actual configuration by how you hold it. This is nothing more that the liberal administrations attempt to put the boot on gun owners necks. I think this "opinion letter" will be overruled shortly after trump takes office and changes some leadership people. Lots of things will change regarding firearms.
    i don't even see how they would want the shouldering issue to go to court because I think they would lose badly. It's just an attempt from the top at intimidating the people and frankly it's worked as proven by threads like this and also videos on YouTube where people speak a disclaimer about notice how they aren't firing from the shoulder. It's so stupid.
    basicly I'm just waiting it out till after Jan 20t for the oppression to be over or relaxed. It's politics pure and simple and this administration has wrongly interpreted or just frankly made their own laws and who's challenged them? Not the liberal courts. Afew actual unbiased courts have ruled in the constitutions favor but it's been rare for 8 years.
    tgats why it was so important to elect trump to appoint fair and unbiased judges!

POB

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2016
    Jeffersonville
    The shouldering was never even brought up until individuals kept pressing for answers to questions that should have never been brought up. :nuts:

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    The shouldering was never even brought up until individuals kept pressing for answers to questions that should have never been brought up. :nuts:
    Exactly you always have these super nerds that wanna be holster sniffers and put on a show for cops and Feds. Like they think they are impressing them by trying to be ultra vigilant about obeying the law. Idiots! They **** it up for the rest of us. By the official letter inquiries I mean.

now in the same token I do agree with pushing the envelope to the edge within the law! Legal Loopholes!! The govt used them and so should we! Till we get our rights restored that were
    stolen away!

Indyguy5150

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    East Indy
    Exactly you always have these super nerds that wanna be holster sniffers and put on a show for cops and Feds. Like they think they are impressing them by trying to be ultra vigilant about obeying the law. Idiots! They **** it up for the rest of us. By the official letter inquiries I mean.

now in the same token I do agree with pushing the envelope to the edge within the law! Legal Loopholes!! The govt used them and so should we! Till we get our rights restored that were
    stolen away!

I remember those kids in school, bell rings... student asks teacher... "Hey what about the homework you forgot to ask for and what about the pop quiz we weren't suppose to know about..."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Couple things:
    - The travel across state lines issue for SBRs is absolutely a trade-off. But, the fix is rather simple. Send in the form with any state you think you'll go to. If you have a trip planned, send it in right away. The turnaround time is pretty quick and it only costs the amount of postage.
    - Depending on the state, pistols may be even more highly regulated. For instance, I believe pistol OC is illegal in Texas. So, walking around with a slung AR pistol might violate that law, but not an SBR.
    - Businesses try to limit risk as much as possible. That includes gun businesses. Getting clarity on how a law will be enforced is better for the bottom line, and for insurability. Asking for an answer, even if you might get an answer you don't like, is a legitimate business practice.

BiscuitsandGravy

Future 'shootered'
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 8, 2016
    At the Ranch.

stolen away!

This and all the (insert pejorative here) who uploaded videos to youtube proclaiming 'watch this everyone!' A trove of geniuses.

Excalibur

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   2   0
    May 11, 2012
    NWI
    I think the creators of the brace and other similar things should have had a note with big letters on the packaging of "READ ME FIRST" and the first sentence is to tell them in also big letters is "HERE'S THE ATF APPROVAL LETTER, DON'T ASK THEM FURTHER ABOUT THIS" and it would have saved us some trouble or at least delayed the ATF from determining legality on their own.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think the creators of the brace and other similar things should have had a note with big letters on the packaging of "READ ME FIRST" and the first sentence is to tell them in also big letters is "HERE'S THE ATF APPROVAL LETTER, DON'T ASK THEM FURTHER ABOUT THIS" and it would have saved us some trouble or at least delayed the ATF from determining legality on their own.
    I think people were seeking to get a letter of approval of their own addressed specifically to them because that's what they were told to do by who know's who to protect their own ass and not rely on a general letter. I wasn't one of them but that's my interpretation.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    People wanting to or eager to seek or need government approval is exactly our problem. It's indoctrination.
    I hope we all can rally together and behind this new administration and republican majority congress to take back our 2nd amendment freedoms that have been stripped from us over the last 80 years. And guarantee that we protect them judicially through proper Supreme Court justices! So that even when the democRATS get the White House again or congress and come for legal guns again they will be shutdown by the courts.
    we have to keep writing the next congress! Get rid of the NFA laws totally or as many as we can.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I just read the letter and took it as is without asking any more questions.
    I took it "as is" as well. I was'nt about to seek further personal approval but some people look to cover their own asses.

Top Bottom