• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    With the final approval eminent for SBS's is it possible to go ahead and file the Form 1 before July 1st? I would probably do it the middle of May so that with the current 60 day delay it would be approved the middle of July. Does the ATF look at state restrictions? I've asked elsewhere online and gotten different answers.
    Thanks,
    Dan

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    ATF will not approve a form where the item is prohibited at the state level. That said, I would not expect them to start approving Indiana SBS forms on 7/1 simply because I doubt they closely follow state level legislation. If you were to file a form, I would wait until 7/1 to do it and include a copy of, or link to, the revised IC code that allows the item.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Crap that wasn't what I wanted to hear. Oh well it figures that it would be my luck. I'm still planning on getting the shotgun this weekend. I'll just take a pic of it and do some photo shopping until I can do the real thing!

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    because I doubt they closely follow state level legislation.

Office of General Counsel knew about Indiana's SBS's repeal at the CLE seminar in Nashville.

I have had several calls on this. I am telling people to wait. No Form 1s or hacksaws until July 1st.:D

Top Bottom