• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Right to a fair and speedy trial........how does fabrication of evidence allow for a fair trial once it is reported in the news.

be interesting to see how many libel and slander counter-suits come as a result of this.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    This is why we must elect Goldman Sachs in 2012! He will nominate more Scalias and more Roberts to defend our rights. :):

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    The best point in this article stated that most cases are plead prior to a trial. It upsets me greatly. False accusations can be damning to ones reputation, regardless of if it is found out to be false, true or not. Even if it never sees the Courts.

It could prevent someone from certain actions. A deep background check would find that false police report, it could potentially bar someone from certain types of employment, or bar them from advances in the precious Corp. latter.

SC this is a disappointment. But Indiana has set some pres. in the high courts here that are pretty bad.. Leading to new very specific laws, that some police etc don't like.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The best point in this article stated that most cases are plead prior to a trial. It upsets me greatly. False accusations can be damning to ones reputation, regardless of if it is found out to be false, true or not. Even if it never sees the Courts.

Exactly...Of course one could argue that it is your decision to have your day in court. But we all know, we've read of stories, people can get railroaded into making decisions "just to make it all go away". This aspect is the most frustrating of this decision. It's unfortunate there is no recourse for retaliating against the individuals that use this tact without "good faith".

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The beating and rape of Lady Liberty continues.

Secession anyone?
    What makes you think the courts in any of the secessionist states would be any better? They'd likely still be run by the same people that are there now. And they'd probably still be granted immunity for their malfeasance.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    What makes you think the courts in any of the secessionist states would be any better? They'd likely still be run by the same people that are there now. And they'd probably still be granted immunity for their malfeasance.

Smaller government; easier to access; easier to keep chained in its cage.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Smaller government; easier to access; easier to keep chained in its cage.
    Kind of like our local governments? Those that are accessible and manageable? Haven't run across one of them yet. And it's the same people running them year after year. Secession is not a panacea. It won't cure all problems and would likely make others much worse.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I have always been very clear in advocating the Jeffersonian point of view on secession while criticizing that held by the murderous tyrannical bastard lincoln.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Kind of like our local governments? Those that are accessible and manageable? Haven't run across one of them yet. And it's the same people running them year after year. Secession is not a panacea. It won't cure all problems and would likely make others much worse.

1. If you keep quoting J_Wales I can't ignore him.

2. I have found this in local government as well. They do what they want to. Whom ever gets the most signs in a yard gets elected.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I have always been very clear in advocating the Jeffersonian point of view on secession while criticizing that held by the murderous tyrannical bastard lincoln.

Yeah, I know what you want. Some of us aren't so damn excited to run into a wall of bullets just to satisfy your blood lust either.

In case it was missed, there's a LINK in my response that refers to one of the reminders not to "go there." The "this post" was not referencing YOUR post.

Fargo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    In a state of acute Pork-i-docis
    Your rights are subordinate to those of your persecutors...um I mean prosecutors, police, witnesses, etc.

Articles: The Supreme Court Again Upholds Your Right to Be Framed

While the article makes some good points, it fails to mention that it is solely considering civil 1983 actions. It fails to mention that there are a variety of other remedies/statutes which provide for fairly severe punishment for this type of behavior. All that article is referring to is civil 1983 remedies.

Prosecutors who do anything like that article describes are subject to a variety of actions from disbarrment, to jail or fines for contempt, to criminal prosecution for obstruction of justice/perjury/official misconduct. Nifong was disbarred and briefly jailed for his actions in the Duke case.

Same for cops, except they can't be disbarred.

Same for witnesses except no official misconduct.

That article pertains only to one federal civil remedy, there are other civil remedies, particularly at the state level, which are still available.

Best,

Joe

Top Bottom