• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toyotadevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2014
    muncie
    Posted another thread involving my ar pistol but also looking for a good optic for my scar 16s. I have been looking at elcan m145 but have no experience with their optics. I am also looking at the trijicon vcog which was just brought to my attention from a friend of mine. Any input would be appreciated.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Like everything firearms related it will depend on purpose and budget.

If I had a SCAR 16, and was looking in the price range of the VCOG, and Elcan mine I would save some money and go with

Vortex Optics - Razor HD Gen II 1-6x24 VMR-2<br />(MOA)

Im not terribly far from you if you would like to see one in person. Im yet to have a customer come "look" at the 1-6, and not leave with 1 (and sometimes 2)

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    The M145 is a great option if your running a M240, but a bit too tall / big for a carbine. You would be much better served by a Specterdr, VCOG, ACOG, or the like. Personally, I would put an ACOG on it if it were mine.

toyotadevin

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2014
    muncie
    I currently have a vortex on my PWS AR and love it. Ive always been a fan of trijicon but never had much experience with elcan. I would love to look through that vortex optic. I work a ton of hours though so getting a time to meet up may be tough. How could we make that work?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I currently have a vortex on my PWS AR and love it. Ive always been a fan of trijicon but never had much experience with elcan. I would love to look through that vortex optic. I work a ton of hours though so getting a time to meet up may be tough. How could we make that work?

You call me, and tell me when your available, You come down and look at the scope. I'm pretty flexible on times. 765-580-0986

Right now I have 6 or 7 in stock. I think I'm out of the JM version, but I'm sure I have both the MOA, and MIL.

searpinski

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The M145 is a great option if your running a M240, but a bit too tall / big for a carbine. You would be much better served by a Specterdr, VCOG, ACOG, or the like. Personally, I would put an ACOG on it if it were mine.
    Have you used all three of your recommended scopes? I'd love to know how you compare them.

Top Bottom