• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    My wife has the CPX-1 that has the safety as her carry gun. (CPX-2 does not have a safety.) She loves it. Never had a problem. The people who say get a Smith & Wesson Shield because it's "better" are not looking at all the pro & cons. While a Shield is considered better my wife chose the SCCY because it's 15 oz. - the Shield was 19 oz. (yeah 4 oz. may not seem like a lot but when a woman puts each one in her purse she may want the lighter weight one as my wife did). The SCCY holds 10 rounds - the Shield only has 8. She's a very good shot but that extra 2 rounds gives her more comfort. I also liked the SCCY because it was $100 less than the Shield (we got the SCCY online for $230 new including shipping. Another thing about the SCCY - it's made in Florida, has a lifetime warranty, the company will replace it for free if it's stolen (police report required), or if it's confiscated by Johhny Law in an act of self defense (i.e.: you legally shoot someone in defense & police take your gun anyways). The only thing she liked on the Shield better was it had a little less recoil (probably cause of the weight difference) and after a lot of shooting the SCCY tended to make her hands more sore than the Shield. Other than that she really liked the SCCY a lot better. Oh and she can also wear it when hiking or jogging better than a lot of others because it's so lightweight.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    My wife has the CPX-1 that has the safety as her carry gun. (CPX-2 does not have a safety.) She loves it. Never had a problem. The people who say get a Smith & Wesson Shield because it's "better" are not looking at all the pro & cons. While a Shield is considered better my wife chose the SCCY because it's 15 oz. - the Shield was 19 oz. (yeah 4 oz. may not seem like a lot but when a woman puts each one in her purse she may want the lighter weight one as my wife did). The SCCY holds 10 rounds - the Shield only has 8. She's a very good shot but that extra 2 rounds gives her more comfort. I also liked the SCCY because it was $100 less than the Shield (we got the SCCY online for $230 new including shipping. Another thing about the SCCY - it's made in Florida, has a lifetime warranty, the company will replace it for free if it's stolen (police report required), or if it's confiscated by Johhny Law in an act of self defense (i.e.: you legally shoot someone in defense & police take your gun anyways). The only thing she liked on the Shield better was it had a little less recoil (probably cause of the weight difference) and after a lot of shooting the SCCY tended to make her hands more sore than the Shield. Other than that she really liked the SCCY a lot better. Oh and she can also wear it when hiking or jogging better than a lot of others because it's so lightweight.

They quit the replacement if stolen a while back.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I hope this burns your B-tt even more "JettaKnight".
    I shoot 38 sp through my 357, HA!
    I even have more.
    I shoot 22 longs through my 22lr.
    Gee i even shot 22 short, CB & BBs.

I bet you are still burning candles.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    ^^^^^ ^^^^^ ^^^^^
    Does this qualify as a non sequitur or do I need to start drinking heavily to understand what's going on?

JettaKnight likes to get on and just make Sarcastic comments. he does not add any intelligent information.

This was a reply to one of his reply's about my malfunction drill with 9mm.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Personally, I'd be pissed if I bought a 9 mm and found out the previous owner routinely intentionally made the pistol fail by shooting 9mm Kurz.

.38 in a .357, .22L, .22S in a .22LR, that's written into the manual as OK.

And yeah, TJ, I need more to drink because I'm not sure about the candle thing.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    Personally, I'd be pissed if I bought a 9 mm and found out the previous owner routinely intentionally made the pistol fail by shooting 9mm Kurz.

.38 in a .357, .22L, .22S in a .22LR, that's written into the manual as OK.

And yeah, TJ, I need more to drink because I'm not sure about the candle thing.

Just keep drinking.
    You would make a excellent example of what H. Clinton shows as gun owners.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    JettaKnight likes to get on and just make Sarcastic comments. he does not add any intelligent information.

This was a reply to one of his reply's about my malfunction drill with 9mm.
    Oh ... I see ... good to know that I was correct, your comment was a non sequitur.

Just for clarification ... how does your comment add any intelligent information to the OP's question? It looks like you're just stalking JettaKnight. The feud you reference is in a different thread.

So as to not totally hijack this thread myself, I will add that the SCCY pistols that I've fired have felt very "snappy". I'm sure this is due to the light weight of the pistol. As for accuracy ... no problems once you learn to control the pistol. As for reliability, I haven't fired enough rounds to speak to that ... I've fired a total of 4 magazines with no malfunctions, but that's not enough of a sample to address reliability.

Before buying, the OP's wife should spend some time at a range that rents various handguns (or visit with one of the INGO meet and greets) and actually fire them to see how they fit and feel when operated. Just because something feels good in the hand at the gun shop, doesn't mean it will feel good when fired.

hoosierdaddy1976

I Can't Believe it's not Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Mar 17, 2011
    newton county
    Porter County Country Club routinely has beginner women only classes that offer the opportunity to try out several different guns. My wife went and loved it. It looks like that's a bit of a drive for you, but I'm sure you can find something closer to you.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Porter County Country Club routinely has beginner women only classes that offer the opportunity to try out several different guns. My wife went and loved it. It looks like that's a bit of a drive for you, but I'm sure you can find something closer to you.
    Point Blank rents out the SCCY at their ranges.

Top Bottom