• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saminal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2016
    KENDALLVILLE
    I saw the SCCY 9mm at a gun show this weekend an was impressed by its weight and size for a concealed carry. So, is the SCCY really worth the price or is there a reason it is priced so low?

Tomc1947

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    YODER
    I've had a couple of them over the last few years. IMHO, they are OK but do have their drawbacks. Not very accurate, stiff recoil and low resale value to name a few. ON the + side, price, availability and their warranty/customer service is second to none---and the warranty is a lifetime that stays with the gun, not the owner. I'd save some money and get a used one(for 200 or less). For the price of a new one, you could also find a decent used Shield, Ruger, etc. or even Mil Surplus is worth taking a look at.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I've had a couple of them over the last few years. IMHO, they are OK but do have their drawbacks. Not very accurate, stiff recoil and low resale value to name a few. ON the + side, price, availability and their warranty/customer service is second to none---and the warranty is a lifetime that stays with the gun, not the owner. I'd save some money and get a used one(for 200 or less). For the price of a new one, you could also find a decent used Shield, Ruger, etc. or even Mil Surplus is worth taking a look at.

My neighbor and his dad bought 2. I tried them out. I was not overly impressed. I also thought the recoil was more than it should have been. I tried to give my brother-in-law advice on a pistol, but he did not listen. He bought my sister a pink one. She likes it.

Fast forward to the 3:40 minute mark for an important overview.

[video=youtube;vTgFs-m59RY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vTgFs-m59RY[/video]

He rarely bad mouths anything. When he does, I would listen.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    You posted the same question in the General Firearms Discussion. I posted comments to you there about my wife's good experiences with the CPX-1.

Indy124

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Fishers
    I have owned a CPX-2 for a couple years and shot hundreds of rounds. I haven't had any issues that some people experience. I like it because of the heavy trigger pull, I consider that my safety. I added traction grips and the Galloway Precision 20lb recoil spring and Stainless Steel guide rod set. Helps with the recoil a little bit. This gun is made to be a conceal carry gun. Not an accurate at long distance target shooting. It is great for what it is for. Plus, it holds 10+1. With all that being said, I am looking to sell mine to get a Shield 9. The reason being, I am a small guy and want a thinner gun that won't print so bad on me. That is the only downside I have on it. I would love to keep it.

kramer5702

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 16, 2015
    Modoc
    I owned one...pink...it was cheap lol. I ended up boiling the polymer in rit dye to make it black. I shot a couple hundred rounds through it but the recoil is just too much for a small 9mm. Save a little more money up and buy a shield...well worth it.

Top Bottom