• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not a knowledgable optics guy by any stretch. I know enough to buy something decent and to listen to those who know more than I do. With that in mind, theres a lot of good talk about aimpoint red dot because of their durability, and long battery life.

The aimpoint that catches my eye more often than not is the Aimpoint pro. Basically this: Aimpoint PRO - Aimpoint - Red Dot/Holographic Scopes - Sights & Optics

Is this model the level of quality where it'd be a "bet your life on it" level for most people? I've never spent that much on a red dot so for me it's a major step up regardless. It seems like I see this model all over but I'm not sure if it's the one being issued to the troops or if that even means anything. In any case, I need the book thrown at me for red dot knowledge.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I just bought the Aimpoint Pro myself from Elmores, $400.50. I like the 2 MOA dot plus it comes with a decent mount and scope covers, what's not to like! I've personally owned Eotechs and through the military used the comp M2/M3 up to the M4's and the Pro is a great deal. From what I understand they can be somewhat hard to get.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I bought an Aimpoint PRO from PSA to go on top of my PSA mock dissipator. I'm very happy with it (it'll be moved to my next PSA build). You can't go wrong with an Aimpoint PRO @ that price. As far as it being issued to the troops, possibly but from the people I know...none have been issued one. From the things I read before buying mine, they might be issued in some European countries but there are a lot of LEO using them. A few of me LEO friends have been using the PRO for awhile, I didn't realize it until I mentioned buying one for my build. Quality is definitely there. You won't have to worry much even if you're a little rough on things. Mine has been dropped and tossed around a bit and it kept the zero. From looking at it, you'd think it has been babied.

wsenefeld

Master
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Boone Co.
    PSA and Midway both sell it for $400 and offer free shipping. I just got mine less than a week ago and was shooting dinner plate sized groups at 200 yards. Love my aimpoint pro!

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    PSA and Midway both sell it for $400 and offer free shipping. I just got mine less than a week ago and was shooting dinner plate sized groups at 200 yards. Love my aimpoint pro!

Does midway sell it with that mount also for the $400 shipped.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    Go with it. The Pro is a LOT of "bang for the buck" it'll serve you well

I agree with this.

When you get it, flip it over and pull out the two bottom screws that hold the three sections of the mount togehter. Put blue loctite on them and put them back in. If you don't, they'll back out after a few hundred rounds and your mount will wobble from side to side. I've had to pull off about a dozen of them at work, loctite them, and then sight them back in. It may have just been the batch we received, but it's worth looking into before you put it on your rifle.

ssgmoser

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2012
    Highand, IN
    The Aimpoint or as the Army calls it M68, is very tough, and a very accurate sight. I had one on my M4 for a few years and a couple deployments. I was in the airborne infantry so you know we definitely gave it a beating. It always performed very well. I actually preferred it over the ACOG due to the zero parralax. Hope this helps. Buy it! I have one on my personal m4 now.

efe61500.jpg

Top Bottom