• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aspiringsnd

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 24, 2016
    Westfield
    I'm primarily a shotgun and pistol guy -- in other words, optics confuse the crap out of me. I get magnification, FOV, eye relief, etc... but why are there 1000 different companies peddling their optics and the specs are virtually the same.

Someone please tell me what differentiates a 1-4x24 from VORTEX, NIKON, BURRIS, and LEUPOLD.

This particular model is just an example -- it's the same for almost every scope combination out there. What are the differences when I can spend up to 5x the amount for what appears to be the same scope.

alclark2

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Muncie
    My recommendation is to go to a local store and look through several. The glass quality, warranty, quality, features, etc. come into play. I can say Vortex has a no question asked warranty. Drop it out of a treestand, run it over with your truck, house fire and anything unintentional is covered. I feel like you get the best bang for your buck at vortex.

foxmustang

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 20, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    A lot of it is the internal mechanisms and the glass quality/clarity.

Glass etched vs wire reticle is a big one. FFP vs SFP. All the extra processes cost money. Also different grades of aluminum can be a real expensive or can be really cheap depending on how quality you want to make your product

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom