• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Love mine. Don't shoot it nearly enough, partly because the ammo seems to have gotten in shorter supply, and thus more expensive, since I got it. Which was more than 20 years ago, now. (Man, I'm old.)

Whatever, I could drop you into a episode of "21 Jump Street," and no one would notice.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Tag for interest. What everyone else said. With the exception of the E. Germans, the Russian and Bulgarian Maks look like a high school metal class project. Very tough little devils. As a heads up, the Bulgarians cold blue like a champ. Mag price is about $20 to $30 when you can find them. At most gun shows I'll see one or two in the whole place.

CarnageRush

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harrison County
    They are excellent guns, very reliable. I have three, a Russian military pistol, an East German and a Bulgarian Arsenal. I just got the East German on Monday for $350.

East German:
    8i5Djy9.jpg

Russian:
    Epmsoyr.jpg

Bulgarian:
    RAkoeTA.jpg

As for that last image, I need a Russian Tokarev to complete my Holy Trinity.

warriorbob

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96%
    24   1   0
    Feb 6, 2011

cmb101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2015
    Greenwood
    How hard is it to find a makarov? When I was first got into guns I picked up two boxes of 9x18 makarov and they have been sitting in my safe for about 3 years now.

Last edited:

jinks

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2013
    Central
    How hard is it to find a makarov? When I was first got into guns I picked up two boxes of 9x18 makarov and they have been sitting in my safe for about 3 years now.
    9x18 Makarov firearms are not as readily available or as inexpensive as they were a few years ago, but several firearms are available.

Bulgarian Makarov Semi Auto Pistol, 9x18, Red Star Grips, Holster, Excellent Condition, Used.

https://www.classicfirearms.com/makarov-bulgarian-9x18-semi-auto-excellent-like-new

Century Arms CENT P64 9MM (2) 6RD

The Czech CZ-82 9x18 Makarov caliber pistols are also a good choice if available.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I have one true Mak which is a east german (by far one of the highest quaility/finished mak's out there), But i do like my polish P64 (which kind of resembles a walther ppk) they have a terriable long hard 36lb trigger but with the wolff after market spring kit there quite nice... But by fair my favorite is the CZ82 which runs 12rd double stack mags poly rifled barrel (almost looks smooth bore) and a fairly respectable trigger for a miltary/police service weapon i have quite a few handguns and that little $280 Cz82 by fair is my favorite to shoot

Top Bottom