• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ragenarok007

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Mooresville
    Not much has changed since then (at least for me), except for the "whole family starving" part. :):

Yeah, and here I thought stalking with a lever action 30-30 was doing it the hard way. You must have more Indian blood than I do.

Having said that, I have been interested in spear hunting hogs. I did the research and found an old timer who is pretty legendary for hunting everything from hogs to deer and even African game... with a SPEAR! Now that is waaaaay too hardcore for me. I mean, I know natives do it and all that. Its just that there are so many lovely calibers to choose from. Spearing a hog makes sense. Much easier than knifing when you use dogs. Sure its a little heavier to carry but I don't want a tusk in the arm.

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    lol, I know what you mean.

Seems that quite a few people are using smoke to mask their scent these days.

Seems to work for me :dunno:
    The last three deer I killed were within minutes of finishing a Blackstone cherry cigar... lol.

But seriously, I've heard several places about deer actually being attracted to smoke, something about the ingrained knowledge that fires bring new tender plants growing to munch on...

I prefer apple or cherry flavored cigars when on stand... Doesn't seem to hurt things a bit, see deer, killed deer, no problems.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Play the wind and you'll be fine. You can spend all your money on fancy scent covers but if you don't play the wind and they get down wind of you...game over.

Ding ding ding.

Venison is just about the only meat my family eats. I don't even wear camo half the time. Play the wind, get behind cover and be confident in your equipment and your abilities. You'll do fine.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Ding ding ding.

Venison is just about the only meat my family eats. I don't even wear camo half the time. Play the wind, get behind cover and be confident in your equipment and your abilities. You'll do fine.

I'm also one of the few that uses a stick and a string to shoot another stick that has a razor sharp piece of metal on the end. :D

Top Bottom