• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I thought the cop was at the school to protect kids.

Yeah.

A "public servants" first interest is to cover his own ass. His second interest is to cover his buddies asses. His overriding interest is to protect his families asses. The general public falls pretty low on that totem pole. Even for teenagers under attack in their school. The real hope is that the Officer presence will deter any attack. Nobody really wants to go into action.

Reality. Ultimately, everybody needs to be responsible for their own protection. The government and its employees cannot do it. My children and grandchildren have been taught that lesson. I hope it stuck.

Last edited:

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I struggled labeling the guy a "coward" not knowing if I would be brave enough to run towards the gunfire. Then after some thought decided that if I froze up and did not go in I would consider myself a coward, so the label fits.

My first priority and the reason I carry is protecting my wife and kid and myself. Anything beyond that becomes a decision based on many factors. As a citizen I am not protecting your cash register or merchandise. If an evil person is murdering innocent kids I hope I would be able (skill and bravery) to stop evil but I am sure it would take a couple seconds to summon my courage before rushing towards my potential death.

Thanks to all the LEO and military who kiss their loved ones good bye everyday that do not know if they are coming home.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Gonzalez v. Castle Rock says, oh, so sorry.

BTW - the worst part of this?

The Sheriff knew that his deputy was a yellow-bellied coward last night when he made his performance on CNN.
    Riss v NYC; Warren v DC...

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    That's fair. Active shooter protocols have changed so much over the years it's hard to know. I remember when you were told to wait (if you were by yourself) until you had another officer before entering a school. But that was for road officers arriving. Now the if you get there by yourself, you go. It went from 3, to 2, to 1.
    I'm wondering if this officer was following the old protocol. It's possible. Few people really know how they will react to the sound of gunfire. It's easy to say on the Interwebz that you will rush in and save the day. It's another thing to actually do it. We say we will. We hope we will. We don't really know until it actually happens.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I'm just wondering if he is a scapegoat. At a minimum, he screwed up and his department is doing their best to throw him under the bus to deflect their own blame.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I'm just wondering if he is a scapegoat. At a minimum, he screwed up and his department is doing their best to throw him under the bus to deflect their own blame.

If we are there and children are being killed and w e are at the least armed.....then what is to be done. Protocol my butt.

Seriously, how can you stand down in the face of this. To not go would be to subject yourself to at least a life of doubt and shame. A small thing compared to what the kids will live (the lucky ones :() with in the life after this. Shameful. That is the kindest word I have here. Scape goat...........That is as far a stretch as my mind can go. No knock Woobie. I am just sick at the epic level of fail across the entire spectrum from the FBI all the way down the chain to the school admin. They are all liable in this. All of them.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    If we are there and children are being killed and w e are at the least armed.....then what is to be done. Protocol my butt.

Seriously, how can you stand down in the face of this. To not go would be to subject yourself to at least a life of doubt and shame. A small thing compared to what the kids will live (the lucky ones :() with in the life after this. Shameful. That is the kindest word I have here. Scape goat...........That is as far a stretch as my mind can go. No knock Woobie. I am just sick at the epic level of fail across the entire spectrum from the FBI all the way down the chain to the school admin. They are all liable in this. All of them.
    I can't disagree with any of this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

In this day and age conspiracy theories don't seem far-fetched. Benghazi was less than 6 years ago, "stand-down order" came to mind when I read your post.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville

I'm not saying this guy isn't a turd. Not at all. But it's kind of convenient for everyone above him that he did screw up. They all have a direction to point when they start taking heat.

The other option is even more sinister. The details of this guy's failure are not as they have been presented. I doubt that, but my level of cynicism with mid level beaurocrats is about maxed out.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well this will make it easier for the left to get away with hating Leo's now. They only like cops when they can use them for a political gain anyways.
    I support Leo's. As for this guy, I'm gonna wait till the facts come out officialy and not from the media before I make any emotional response about him. I'm not slamming anyone for stating theirs now, I've just made the past mistake on speaking too early on Leo matters and regretting it later once facts came out

Saw a funny meme on FB yesterday featuring a cab driver with a young person in the back seat. Cab driver is saying, "So are you still protesting police brutality today?" Next frame, the young person says, "No, now we believe only the police should have guns." Probably a pretty realistic view of some of these "protesters".

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    That makes me want to vomit.

And in all of this epic fail one can see a slight bit of "Let it happen".........it is not that far of a stretch. The sheriff has been photo Oped with the likes of Billery and Bernie.
    To fuel the "Disarm the peasants" agenda what lengths will those in power go. That this is even discussed with the slightest reality makes me want to puke. But I can almost see it. Almost.

What have we become.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    And in all of this epic fail one can see a slight bit of "Let it happen".........it is not that far of a stretch. The sheriff has been photo Oped with the likes of Billery and Bernie.
    To fuel the "Disarm the peasants" agenda what lengths will those in power go. That this is even discussed with the slightest reality makes me want to puke. But I can almost see it. Almost.

What have we become.

It may be exactly as we have been told. But in an era of paid protestors, scripted town halls, and the crap the government feeds us through their willing accomplices in the media, I feel compelled to ask the questions. Is this turd just taking the fall for everyone else? Was cowardice his only reason for waiting outside?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I know I'm sometimes sympathetic to some of these tin-hat theories but I don't think there's anything particularly nefarious that went on here. Yeah the guy the kids were depending on failed them. He'll have to live with that the rest of his life. By extension those that decided this was an adequate defense should bear part of the responsibility too. Time may tell (unless it becomes like Las Vegas). I don't think there was any sort of stand down order to the effect of letting it happen. He might have been told to wait for back up, but that's not what that idiot sheriff was saying last night. The system failed and at least in part because the people the system was depending on failed.

I do believe there's a machine of some sort in action here to profit off of this and drive an agenda. I do think they've initially hit an emotional gold mine here by playing the students and I think they had a plan for it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Sorry peoples. My mind is aching in all of this.

Most likely the guy was a turd that had no place wearing the uniform.

This idiot sheriff needs to be out of a job. At least.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."

He may be the first exposed in such grand fashion but he is not alone. The brush used to paint the profession has and will continue to have consequences. Society has spoken and rough men, men of action and capable of violence is no longer what is wanted.

Spear Dane

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 4, 2015
    Kokomo area
    . More and more details come out and it is "EPIC" fail on those who are sworn to protect. I was pretty sure it was up the chain from the street LEO so this really hurts.

Wow. Just Wow.

Top to bottom, FBI, local SO, Deputy on the scene. But it will be the legal gun owners that pay the price. AND I saw this asshat is eligible to get a pension. :xmad:

Top Bottom