• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    Anyone else have this issue? I am having intense leg pain from the muzzle end pressing on my femur in the 4 oclock(ish) position.

Just wondering if I were to buy a comptac mtac if the extra padding from 2 layers of leather there would assist with less pressure vs the single layer crossbreed type?

I've had this before, and now am running an OWB high ride with my g19 for the time being; but it prints like crazy.

Anyone else with similar experience? Just wondering if there is anything I can do.

zip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    I had/have the same problem to the point I need physical therapy. I ended up moving my holster from 7 to between 7 and 8 (lefty). I also adjusted the cant so the muzzle points more to the rear. I have a G19 in a MTAC. For the record it is the most comfortable holster I have used.

Edit: I will see If I can find my list of PT exercises they gave me. They helped a ton when symptoms flared up

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I have a big belly. I believe that lots of years carrying full size pistols at 4 oclock contributed to a blown L4 disc. Trying to carry IWB at 4 oclock is no longer possible for me. The sciatica becomes severe very quickly.

I can carry OWB at 12 or forward of the hip, but no longer behind the hip. My XD9 OWB forward of the hip works really well but is difficult to conceal for everyday carry. I work in a non permissive environment so have to be really careful about how I carry.

It is a limitation that I am trying to adapt to. It is not a bad adaptation overall.

I am back to carryng an SP101 "mexican" at 12 oclock. I forget it is there because there is no pain or pressure.

My experience. I hope it is helpful.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Everyone's symptoms are going to be different. I had an L4/L5 discectomy and laminectomy back in 2010 and while it provided some significant relief, I later developed some pretty severe sciatica on my right thigh. I carry an XD-9 4-Inch on the right waist with an MTAC and I can say it doesn't seem to aggravate my condition at all, though neither did the crossbreed supertuck deluxe I had before it.

I can tell you when it comes to the MTAC you have a pretty wide range of cant and depth options, much more than the crossbreed, so it might be worth trying out, they have a 30 day full refund (minus shipping) so if it doesn't work you aren't out much.

Also, on another note, if you're tempted to carry SOB just don't. I know a lot of people like to, but especially if you have a pre-existing low back problem, just imagine what could happen if you fell, were in a car wreck, or somehow suffered any kind of impact that could shove the gun into your spinal column. Your chance of rupturing a disk or doing some other damage is pretty significant in my opinion (which is all this is, my opinion I don't have any studies or anything).

Crydaddy

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    See if changing the angle ( cant ) relieves pressure on your nerve. This condition is also called a fat wallet syndrome in med terms and is pretty obvious on why its called that way.

Stringtown

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    I have the same problem. I appreciate the advise everyone is giving. My back hurts for a week if I carry IWB at 4 o'clock for more than a couple of hours.

Top Bottom