• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kmcinnes

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2011
    Hendricks County
    I have been shooting for years but still consider myself as a novice. I have just build a new Ar that is set up more for longer range target shooting to which I do not know much about. I shoot different grain bullets and have started dabaling in custom loads. I am planning on zeroing my scope in @ 200 yards. My question is.....should I zero it in with a 55 grain bullet even though may wind up shooing heavier bullets from time to time, and what should I expect in doing so?

walleyepw

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    I am by no means an expert (and I am sure there are others out there that no even less than I do.)
    My recommendation is to sight in the scope for the load you will be shooting. If you change bullet weight or load recipe, it will effect the zero.

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    You should expect your point of impact to change with every different weight bullet you shoot. A heavier bullet will drop more as your range increases. You don't HAVE to change your zero everytime you shoot a different load, just realize that when you do, you will have to compensate for the different drop rate.

Top Bottom