• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    okay first off wanting to put a better scope on my savage 25-06 for hunting coyotes. buddy of mine wants to buy the gun with the old scope that is on it but wont have money till after seson is over. When he buys the gun i will replace it with a ar or something in 22-250 so was thinking of getting one of the nikon scopes. The predator series that has the bdc in it for 223 or 22-250 in it that way when i get the other gun i can put it on that. Are this good scopes or is there something else i should look at gettin That will work on the 25 and still be good on the new gun. The reason for the new scope is the one on the 25 is a target scope and the crosshairsare to thin to see in low light. Thanks for any input

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Nikon makes some good scopes.

Now, I'd recommend a standard mil-dot reticle or moa reticle so that it's not setup specifically for one caliber and you can play with different powder loads and still be able to use the mil-dot/moa reticle.

Just have to practice and know your bullet drop for the particular round you use, then just adjust with the mil-dot/moa marks and it would work with any rifle/caliber.

:twocents:

Top Bottom