• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 574mag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2022
    Osceola IN
    So I’m trying to mount a Leopold scope to my m77. Got the special rings ruger required, went to mount the scope and…..a new problem for me! The mounts are too far apart or, the scope isn’t long enough to get the rings behind the bell and the power adjustment on the scope. Do I need different rings? Or a different scope? Have not run into this before.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    So I’m trying to mount a Leopold scope to my m77. Got the special rings ruger required, went to mount the scope and…..a new problem for me! The mounts are too far apart or, the scope isn’t long enough to get the rings behind the bell and the power adjustment on the scope. Do I need different rings? Or a different scope? Have not run into this before.
    The easiest thing would be to get a different scope. You can measure the distance between the rings and make sure the scope you choose fits between them and still gives proper eye relief.
    The other option is to see if there are any offset rings available for your rifle. If not from Ruger check Leupold.
    I love the 77, especially the older tang safety models.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Just an FYI, Ruger has been out of medium gloss offset rings for a while....as have other sellers of Ruger rings.

And Leupold doesnt make the offset ring in a gloss medium.

Ruger sells their rings individually.

Ive needed one (4BO) for a couple months LOL
    ( For a Ruger Number One )

Dunno what ring combo you require

Last edited:

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I just ordered rings for my ruger 77 last year , I thought the way the write-up was on the internet site , they were ruger,but when they arrived,they were WARNE.Have not put them on it though.

Top Bottom