• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    I've always had a nice .22 lever action on my radar for many years and today was the day I found a nice deal on a NIB Henry .22 lever. Should prove to be a fun little plinker and this will be my first .22 that I can shoot longs and shorts with.

Smooth action after I field stripped and lubed the action. Likin' it!

Henry22800x600_zps3723f7a9.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Henry makes some great lever guns. I have one myself just to play with and it is amazingly accurate, and the action smooth as silk.

Great purchase, ENJOY!!!!!

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    Welcome to the Henry Club, hope you have plenty of .22 to feed it. Have you seen the videos on the Henry site on how to maintain your rifle in top order?

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Welcome to the Henry Club, hope you have plenty of .22 to feed it. Have you seen the videos on the Henry site on how to maintain your rifle in top order?

No I have not seen that video but thank you for the heads up on that. I'll be sure to check it out. Probably even download that video to archive.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Henry makes some interesting stuff. I've looked at them but have never shot one. Hope it does well for you. :yesway:

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    Congrats! What kind of deal did you get on it?

$289 at Walmart.

I actually called the LGS first and they were priced about $30 higher. I politely asked them and stated I would rather my business be with them and if they would price match and before I could finish my question they got rude and basically told me to **** off.... Hey whatever. It's my money.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I picked up a .22 mag Henry not long ago. Haven't shot it yet but I did replace the front sight with a fiber optic sight. Hi-Viz makes a nice unit which includes the band and is easily installed.

Last edited:

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    $289 at Walmart.

I actually called the LGS first and they were priced about $30 higher. I politely asked them and stated I would rather my business be with them and if they would price match and before I could finish my question they got rude and basically told me to **** off.... Hey whatever. It's my money.

What Walmart? Any others in stock?

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    $289 at Walmart.

What was the name of the LGS that doesn't need INGO customers?

Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Mishawaka
    What Walmart? Any others in stock?

Unfortunately it was their last one in the case in South Bend on Ireland rd.

What was the name of the LGS that doesn't need INGO customers?

Granger Guns, their always somewhat gruff in there but they have good supplies for reloading. I've never been met with such a crap attitude over the phone as I was today though. Kind of ticked me off a bit. Especially since they have a goodly amount of my money from the past. If they don't want to price match well that's one thing and I understand but to come off with a attitude about it is another thing. Wasn't accepted very well on my end.

I just got finished doing a total receiver disassembly on this rifle and got her cleaned up good and ready for the range. :)

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Nice find! Pretty sure that the next on my list is a Henry .22. I'm thinking about going with the octagonal barrel. Originally wanted the Golden Boy, but I just wasn't happy with the rake of the stock. Thought about going pump action too.

Top Bottom