• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbell_64

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    Mitchell
    Last time I went to my dad's cabin down there I was welcomed by one hanging out in the bathtub waiting for some help out. I guess he had fallen and couldn't get up!

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    How did you prepare them. How insects taste has a lot to do with how they are prepared.

Raw as this was a "man" trip and I wasn't about to toss them in sweet and sour sauce and the dawn taste in that little fella I'm not sure could be boiled out.

I had won my bragging rights with a Tennessee gobbler (butterball doesn't cost 175$) and wasn't about to loose it being a wuss.

FYI wild turkey heart and liver on the whisper light and cast iron pan in the foothills with pepper seasoned salt pepper lemon pepper and garlic is quite tasty. Shot of mustard on the liver takes it over the top!

Technically they are spiders:cool:

Last edited:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Raw as this was a "man" trip and I wasn't about to toss them in sweet and sour sauce and the dawn taste in that little fella I'm not sure could be boiled out.

I had won my bragging rights with a Tennessee gobbler (butterball doesn't cost 175$) and wasn't about to loose it being a wuss.

FYI wild turkey heart and liver on the whisper light and cast iron pan in the foothills with pepper seasoned salt pepper lemon pepper and garlic is quite tasty. Shot of mustard on the liver takes it over the top!

Technically they are spiders:cool:

Technically they are arachnids ;). But yes, a common mistake I try not to make.

I fried 'em when I was learning survival cooking. I don't eat anything like that raw if I can avoid it.

spectre327

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Seymour, Indiana
    Ive never actually eaten a multi legged critter like such but then again, ive never been in a situation where my curiosity to go and catch the dang thing was as high. Ive always thought that frying, or otherwise cooking, bugs/arachnids/insects would rid them of anything worth consuming. Please correct me f I'm wrong because I would much rather toss said creatures over a fire before munching on them.

Top Bottom