• ...and so much more!
  • churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    my question is, when she tries for the gun, at what point do you put YOUR hand on it to control it (even if it is just palm on backstrap with all fingers extended)
    doesn't this raise the concerns to "he's going to draw"...type fear...or, some other idiot behind me thinking that taking control so neither of us have it is the correct play....
    as in driving, I'm confident of my own abilities, it's the other maniacs that scare the hell out of me

Serpa black hawk....simple remedy.
    If she does get hold of it she can not take it out of the holster and you then (in my eyes anyway) have good reason to put her on the floor by what ever means your training allows. A simple arms maneuver and restrain.
    JMHO

Jammer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Serpa black hawk....simple remedy.
    If she does get hold of it she can not take it out of the holster and you then (in my eyes anyway) have good reason to put her on the floor by what ever means your training allows. A simple arms maneuver and restrain.
    JMHO
    exactly what I have been looking at Churchmouse...for that very reason.....and I am having a problem finding a CC pistol I feel comfortable with so I'm hesitating to lean toward OC cuz that will open my choices up to the full frame 1911's and my accountant is cringing..... lol, thanks CM

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    I don't think we've really touched on the fact that this could have turned into a really bad situation. If she makes a real grab for the gun and OP has to get physical while meathead boyfriend comes out of the bathroom and sees OP is man-handling his GF. Meathead boyfried charges and OP is in fear for his life and/or serious physical harm. You can see where this is going. I am a big OC supporter, but this kind of thread is the best argument against it, since it can provoke such irrational and dangerous behavior from the sheeples.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't think we've really touched on the fact that this could have turned into a really bad situation. If she makes a real grab for the gun and OP has to get physical while meathead boyfriend comes out of the bathroom and sees OP is man-handling his GF. Meathead boyfried charges and OP is in fear for his life and/or serious physical harm. You can see where this is going. I am a big OC supporter, but this kind of thread is the best argument against it, since it can provoke such irrational and dangerous behavior from the sheeples.

It's an argument against moronic white trash making bad decisions, not OC.

Much like an insane person shooting up a movie theatre is an argument against insane people... not guns =/

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon

Much like an insane person shooting up a movie theatre is an argument against insane people... not guns =/

While I agree, that argument won't make your life any better if you have to shoot some dumbass in a DD at 0700. Even if you're 100% in the right, it's going to screw up your life.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So, VERY interesting encounter this morning.

Went to the Dunkin Donuts at 31 and Smith Valley Road. In front of me was a mom and about 5 kids ordering their food. A girl and her boyfriend came in behind me.

Short description: Girl was probably 18-19, around 5'4", wearing Hello Kitty pajama pants and some t-shirt. The boy was taller, maybe 6'0",

So, lessons to be learned from this encounter: Don't let someone that could possibly be bat**** crazy stand that close to me.

GPIA7R2D2, what the heck.
    In the short time I've been reading your posts, you've had more "encounters" than I've had people even notice my gun.
    How are you OCing? With a yellow strobe, and red swirly light?

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy

........is an argument against 'insane people with guns' not insane people or guns. FIFY

PX4me

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Dyer
    Hey, if you didn't carry, no confrontation in the first place. Just sayin'...

In the OP's case, if he was CC'ing, this thread would have never been posted. He got called out because his firearm was visible. Simple as that.

I'm not making a case against OC or for CC. I believe both are perfectly acceptable. However, the encounters with the anti's are far more prevalent with OC for one obvious reason. They can see the gun. Not our problem and we should not alter our ways, but to gripe about these encounters is ridiculous. If you OC, you should expect it sooner or later.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    In the OP's case, if he was CC'ing, this thread would have never been posted. He got called out because his firearm was visible. Simple as that.

I'm not making a case against OC or for CC. I believe both are perfectly acceptable. However, the encounters with the anti's are far more prevalent with OC for one obvious reason. They can see the gun. Not our problem and we should not alter our ways, but to gripe about these encounters is ridiculous. If you OC, you should expect it sooner or later.

If he wasn't carrying, this thread would have never been posted.
    And why not gripe? A low information person was upset at him. She acted ridiculous and dangerous.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    That's the reason I would "O N L Y" carry a gun with a frame mounted safety, if someone was to take my gun from from me, it would give me time to kick them in the (NUTS/OVARIES):):

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana

It is not about griping or expecting/not expecting something, it is about information. Some of the people who OC do it the same way people wear pink ribbons for breast cancer- awareness. They are not afraid to educate the public and often enjoy friendly encounters and even *gasp* a conversation with a curious stranger.

That is why these threads are prevalent. To help educate and inform those who are new to OCing or are curious about what it is like.

If you believe that the individuals who post them are just trying to get attention and you wish to not facilitate the acquisition of said attention (i.e. attention whoring) then it is probable best to ignore them altogether and enjoy the other 99.99997% of INGO.

Top Bottom