• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    Well, I will list my BUGs and tell of how used...

As you will see I try to keep both guns the same caliber so ammo can be used to keep either one firing...

S&W J-frame 327FM mostly ankle work when I carry my 4" GP-100 327FM
    Ruger SP101 357 (2") along with my 4" Security Six 357 mag.
    Ruger LC9s with my 9E, both 9mm
    recently bought a 9mm LCR which will be used to B/U either of the above as well.

SOMETIMES I carry an LCP 380 or 22mag NAA Sidewinder somewhere as BBUG or in "deep cover".
    but you'd have to guess when and where...

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    263   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    Just picked up an LCR in .357 today on trade. I really really like the trigger. Hitting the range tomorrow morning with it, can't wait to see how she handles.
    Experienced the same thing BehindBlueI's did in his review of this revolver, the 158gr .357 Blazer Brass are a handful of crazy recoil that hit REALLY hard, ran 10rds of this and damn near stopped after the first two. The 110gr .357 rounds were pleasurable to shoot and those will be the happy medium for me.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    When someone says a really small BUG, I think of 1 of the many really small .380s. I have tried several of them, and I like the Sig P238 the best. If that is smaller than you need, then maybe you should try the Kahr CM9 or the M&P Shield.

covert justice

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2012
    Indy
    My on duty backup gun is a glock 27. It doubles as my off duty EDC. I am also looking for an even smaller gun to carry when the glock can't be hidden well. I'm leaning toward the M&P bodyguard. I earmarked the cash for it I just haven't "pulled the trigger" yet. I guess I am in the same dilemma as others are. I have never carried anything "smaller" than a 9mm so I guess that is part of my hang up.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    My on duty backup gun is a glock 27. It doubles as my off duty EDC. I am also looking for an even smaller gun to carry when the glock can't be hidden well. I'm leaning toward the M&P bodyguard. I earmarked the cash for it I just haven't "pulled the trigger" yet. I guess I am in the same dilemma as others are. I have never carried anything "smaller" than a 9mm so I guess that is part of my hang up.
    before you go with a body guard please check out a Kahr! Way better pistol, I am assuming you don't want a safety etc here. If thats not true your options broaden...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Smith and Wesson 642 gets my vote. It isn't the smallest BUG, but it is very lightweight and relatively inexpensive firearm that IMO can be deployed from more places than any other BUG (ankle, front pocket, jacket pocket, etc.). In addition, it is absolutely reliable and you can shoot anything from light loaded wadcutters to buffalo-bore heavy 38 +p's that leave the 9mm BUGs in the dust in terms of power.

Smith-642-courtesy-gunguyonline.com_.jpg

This right here. Mine is a dash 3 model. It's a 357mag. I have been running Hordnaday Critical defense 38+P ammo. I carry mine in a pocket holster.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    I sometimes carry a Glock 21 as my primary with the G30SF concealed as my BUG. The 30 is a relatively big gun but it's easy to hide with a loose sweater on. But for absolute light weight and easy to hide (as in slip into a pants pocket) the Taurus TCP in .380 would be hard to beat. It is so small and light that you almost can't feel it. And I wouldn't worry about it being in a pocket without a holster because it has a long double action pull like a revolver. Another thing is it has slide hold-open on the last shot unlike the Ruger LCP, which costs $75 more.

bigelowe

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2012
    bullitt county
    I have several BUG (pocket guns) sw642, kahr cm9 and sw bg 380. the bg 380 is the only one that truly fits in my pocket, in a desantis nemesis holster, without a huge bulge or drawing attention. its also the only one that can be easily deployed from my pocket. the others are just too big!

P.S. im 6'3" and 235lbs so I am a decent sized guy with decent sized pockets.

Top Bottom