Sears Ted Williams 3T .22 (Winchester 190)-anyone have experience with?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Ran across a Sears Ted Williams 3T .22 that will feed .22LR, longs and shorts. It appears that they were Winchester 190 rebranded.

Anyone have any experience in these?

Thanks for any help.

:ingo:

Mr.Softball

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Perry County
    I had a 190 when I was around 12 one of my favorite rifles shot very good and was super reliable I believe this is the exact same rifle. They run from 100 to 175 according to condition and Brownell's sells the paint that goes on the receiver because it usually wears off or scratches easily.

kb66

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Noblesville
    I have a Winchester 190. I have had it for about 40 years and it is still a good shooter. My kids shoot it now. Mine has a pretty stiff trigger but is very reliable. Definitely a good little gun.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    My dad bought one when I was around 10 (45 now) He ended up giving it to my mom, when they divorced. When she passed away in 2009, I inherited it. I ended up giving it back to dad.
    This one is a great little, no nonsense, rifle. It feeds longs and long rifles and begs for more. Accurate, nice capacity, quick handling.
    35 years ago, times were lean, around our house. Dad and Mom did a lot of hunting to put food on the table. We lived in Iowa and my brother and I would walk towards each other along the deep, roadside ditches, throwing gravel into the ditch as we went. Mom would stand in the middle and wing shoot the pheasants with the little Winchester, as they flew out over the picked corn fields.

npwinder

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2016
    Kouts
    I have a Winchester 290 which is the deluxe version of the 190. It's a great shooter. It doesn't like Remington golden bullets. For shorts I've only tried CCI CB shorts and they won't cycle the action completely. I'd imagine higher velocity 22 shorts would be fine, I haven't had any to try out though.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have two model 190's that are both inoperable.
    They would likely be good parts guns.
    I thought about trying to put one working one together, but I already have more .22's than I can shake a stick at...

I do have a Ted Williams falling block, single-shot, lever action .22 that is pretty sweet.

Top Bottom