Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    INGO Meet & Shoot 4/28/12
    :blahblah:
    Knife (because it seems no one carries one)*
    :blahblah:
    Man, that is a lot of stuff. I don't think this all going to fit in my toyota camry. *I may have to take the wife's van.*

Why don't you bring a real knife to this event. Not that box cutter wannabe that you had at the Build Class.:stickpoke:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Jedi, I'll gladly hail the plywood down, just tell me when/where to pick it up.

The plywood is at the store off course. :laugh:
    We can do it 2 ways. You can buy us 6 sheets of the cheap-o 7/8" OSB plywood and give me the receipt at the shoot and I will write you a check or we could meet at the Menards on US-41 (by the home depot) and I buy it and you haul it.

I know we have one other member that can get it at "under retail cost" but has yet to chime in. We got $65.94 in the pot right now.

INGO Meet & Shoot 4/28/12
    Guns
    Glock 17 9mm gen 3 some ammo
    Glock 19 9mm gen 3 some ammo
    Glock 26 9mm gen 3 some ammo

:puke: way 2 many of those horrible guns already coming. :D

Knife (because it seems no one carries one)*
    Paper towels
    Clorox wipes
    Baby wipes*
    Garbage bags

We got a big bottle of hand sanitizer donated by Ghost last M&S that is coming again so you can probably skip the baby wipes. I do have some in small packs that were donated last year that are still in the box new as well (lemon scented). I will also have paper towels. & a kitchen knife as well.

Looking to get some of those AL disposable trays for the meet. We got foil already. But the little bowl I was taking last year we have outgrown that.

-Jedi

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    The plywood is at the store off course. :laugh:
    We can do it 2 ways. You can buy us 6 sheets of the cheap-o [STRIKE]7/8"[/STRIKE] 3/8" OSB plywood and give me the receipt at the shoot and I will write you a check or we could meet at the Menards on US-41 (by the home depot) and I buy it and you haul it.
    -Jedi
    FIFY?

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    u may be right? I'm not sure the thickness. I just know the model # and price when I go to Menards and what it looks like. 3 orange strips. :)

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    who who.... gonna go paint orange stripes on all the plywood at the schererville menards today.... coooool..... Haven't done anything to make me feel like high school days in a while....

That knife Jedi has been bringing is pretty good size if I remember...

People have to always bring those plastic things to a awesome meet & shoot, gotta wonder about those people....

sorry had to shime in....

In all fairness, I might have pink 12 guage shells this time though....

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    M92 will have the extension, paperwork is in process though for sbr!
    Any NC is fine, no Yugoslav though, she is a blast to shoot.

Still trying to figure out if I can make it depends on work so I will be a late confirm o. Going.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    I fired one down at the Knob one year and really like it... Love to put some lead down range through it if you can make it to the shoot.... On another note I'd like to get you out to one of my Gunbunnies photo shoots this summer and bring that baby out to pose with Miss Stephanie... Got a whole Russian thing going, and that would complete the set.... Anyway's look forward to meeting up with you on the 28th. hopefully...

Sajer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Sure would love to come out for a shoot , photo that is.

I will try and make this one since imissed the last two and would like to meet everyone.

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Alright guys I'm bringing a Marlin 1894SS 357 mag lever gun with me to the shoot and I need you guys who want to shoot a lever to bring all the 38 spcl or 357 mag ammo you can scrounge up to run through her. She is one stiff gun... Needs some shooting to loosen her up. I've been through her with a dremel and a stone and slicked everything up that I know how to do and she is still one stiff gun.... Sooo I need you guys to shoot the h..... out of her for me if you want to that is...

That is all.... thankyou...

Woodrow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 30, 2010
    Munster
    Alright, spring has been ordered, calender cleared, I will be bringing the following:

Austin Behlert 1911 Mini Combat (!!!) .45 (Woodrow will have ammo)
    Kimber 1911s, .45acp (Woodrow will have ammo)
    Mossberg 590A1 12 gauge (Woodrow will have ammo)
    Stoeger coach gun 12 gauge (Woodrow will have ammo)

I can bring my Redhawk (.44 mag), S&W Model 57 (.41 mag), 1896 Krag-Jørgensen, Belgian-made Browning High-Power...just trying to think of a few things out of the ordinary.

I will try to think of a few other things. Wife and I will do the rifle competition. Can anyone post a brief write up of the rules (however informal) or the breakdown of how it is structured. I haven't been to one of these since the beginning of last season; I have always looked forward to them.

Last edited:

MeAndMyXD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2010
    Hammond
    I'm a maybe right now seeing as I've been working every Saturday since last October.

If I do make it out I will bring my stag model8 piston ar.
    I will have some ammo.

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    Wife and I will do the rifle competition. Can anyone post a brief write up of the rules (however informal) or the breakdown of how it is structured. I haven't been to one of these since the beginning of last season; I have always looked forward to them.

I'd be the guy too talk to! :thumbsup:

I've sponsored the last 2 rifle competitions and will be sponsoring this upcoming one as well. :ingo:

Unfortunately, I have not found a "standard" per se, of the competition structure. The reason being that we have always done the competition from the 25yd line, so it has been hard to equalize the advantage people with scopes (usually on .22's) compared to those using iron sights. Although, I feel the last competition did a fairly decent job of leveling the playing field. :dunno:

To give you an idea, these were the targets from the last competition:

picture.php

The target on the left was for people using scopes, the one on the right for iron sights. Competitors were only allowed 5 shots each. People using scopes took 1 shot at each of the 5 small targets, whereas people using iron sights took all 5 shots at a single & larger target. The picture above shows the result between 2 individuals who were tied for 3rd place. The person using iron sights actually won! (by only 1 point) :eek:

Who knows what I'll have in store this time, it is still a very dynamic operation! ;) The only advice I will give you is to make sure your rifles are sighted in at 25 yards & you will need to be able to tack drive! :D

And as always, GOOD LUCK! :rockwoot:

John

Last edited:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    For those of you who have competed in the last few rifle competitions, what caliber did you use? I ask this because I am thinking about upping the round count used in the next competition. Obviously, those of you who would be using a .22 won't care, but it could get pricey for anyone using a larger caliber. :spend:

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    I would like to see a competition for reloaders only. you can only fire bullets you make.

I feel as if there would be problems determining who actually reloaded their own ammo, although I'm sure EVERYONE would be 100% honest! ;)

Plus, I don't want to exclude anyone from competing! :D

Even with bigger guns, the cost shouldn't be that bad.
    But how about the poor guy that has to grade the targets.

Well, that poor guy will be me! :): I'm hoping that I will be able to set the competition up in such a way that grading will be easier on me. :cool: We'll see what I can figure out! :draw:

P.S.- Scope users beware! Considering that an individual using iron sights has NEVER won a competition yet, I feel like I'm going to make it a lot easier for them. Those of you using scopes better bring your "A game"! ;) :):

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    P.S.- Scope users beware! Considering that an individual using iron sights has NEVER won a competition yet, I feel like I'm going to make it a lot easier for them. Those of you using scopes better bring your "A game"! ;) :):

didn't napalmftw just win using iron sites at the last competition?

darkkevin

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    crown point
    me and t_star are in, will pick up plywood at menards and bring it down as well.

guns
    PARA-ORD SLIM-HAWG .45 ACP (will have ammo)
    KAHR CM9 9mm (will have ammo)
    GLOCK 35 .40 s&w with lone wolf barrel and trigger work (will have ammo)
    also have 357 sig lone wolf barrel for glock (limited ammo)
    ROCK ISLAND GI 45 45ACP (will have ammo)
    WINCHESTER MODEL 1894 levear actionm 30-30 (limited ammo)
    MARLIN 781 .22 WITH BUSHNELL SCOPE (ammo a plenty)

we can also bring food items as needed, we'll figure out what when we're closer to the day of

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom