• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Going to see Celtic Woman with the wife on the 18th at the Embassy in Fort Wayne. Anyone know what the security is like there for events. Pretty sure you can't carry at almost any big public event these days, but will they freak out at a pocket knife?

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Went to the Embassy two weeks ago for a concert and concealed carried my knife and gun without any problems. The only security at the door is some old people in red ushers jackets trying to use those fancy hand held computers to scan your tickets. Didn't see any signs but didn't look either. Enjoy the show.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I took my family there in January for a Honors Choir Concert put on by the Indiana Music Education Association. I had no problems while ensuring the safety of myself and my family.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    You'll be fine - never had an issue carrying there.

There's almost always an FWPD officer as paid security since there's alcohol served.

TheSpark

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2013
    I carried there once at a Red Green event. There was absolutely no security measures.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I carried there once at a Red Green event. There was absolutely no security measures.

So Red Green was a duct tape friendly event?

latest

other dave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Howard County
    I guess I'm missing something. Everybody is so freaked out about weapons (not just guns) at a Celtic Woman concert but y'all think it's OK to carry a loaded gun at a gunshow?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I guess I'm missing something. Everybody is so freaked out about weapons (not just guns) at a Celtic Woman concert but y'all think it's OK to carry a loaded gun at a gunshow?
    I think you did miss something, as no one in this thread made any such assertions.

A lot of us don't think it's OK to carry a loaded gun at a gun show. If you do, think long and hard about why and what your 'rules' are about handling. But, I digress...

I think it's wrong to carry a weapon at a Celtic Women concert because going to a Celtic Women concert is unconscionable. There are very few things more clichéd, more nauseating, more mawkish and more grating than Celtic Women. I hate PBS for airing that trainwreck - I linger on the channel and watch in the same way a 15 year old girl cuts herself. Every pledge drive they pander to Boomers with that drivel and trot out Wayne Dyer (reruns), Suze (one syllable) Orman, decrepit Doo Wop-ers and a host of other anathemas.

There, I've said, I tried to be nice, but...

:ranton:

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    A lot of us don't think it's OK to carry a loaded gun at a gun show. If you do, think long and hard about why and what your 'rules' are about handling. But, I digress...

Not every one goes to a gun show to sell a gun. I go to buy. I wish I could carry (loaded) at the gun show, because if I go to a gun show, I'm probably carrying hundreds of dollars in cash. However, gun show promoters don't let you carry loaded, so you either agree to the zip tie deal, or don't go. Thankfully, legal gun owners are not the robbers that street thugs are.

I think it's wrong to carry a weapon at a Celtic Women concert because going to a Celtic Women concert is unconscionable. There are very few things more clichéd, more nauseating, more mawkish and more grating than Celtic Women. I hate PBS for airing that trainwreck - I linger on the channel and watch in the same way a 15 year old girl cuts herself. Every pledge drive they pander to Boomers with that drivel and trot out Wayne Dyer (reruns), Suze (one syllable) Orman, decrepit Doo Wop-ers and a host of other anathemas.

There, I've said, I tried to be nice, but...

:ranton:

Aside from some people's lack of respect for Irish music and pretty girls... turns out I couldn't carry. My boy wanted to get his LTCH, and when I went to show him mine, I realized I had screwed up and let my LTCH expire.

Lifetime license here I come. But yeah, had I been legal to carry, I could have walked right in.

Last edited:

voidsherpa

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2015
    NE
    I wish I could carry (loaded) at the gun show, because if I go to a gun show, I'm probably carrying hundreds of dollars in cash. However, gun show promoters don't let you carry loaded, so you either agree to the zip tie deal, or don't go.

I've never had an issue carrying "(loaded)" at a gun show. You must be one of those open carry types :coffee:

Top Bottom