• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    I was wondering what someone has to do to go about acquiring a legal Select Fire G17 (other than the tax stamp).

OR rather if it is possible at all to acquire one.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    The only select-fire Glock I know of is the G18, and you have to be a dealer or a LEO to have one as they're all post-1986 samples. They're not available to us peons.

newtothis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    JnC Manufacturing out of Seattle sells select fire kits, and I didnt know what the full facts were.

I noticed that you have to have PD letterhead and a P.O. or a FFL and DEMO letter.

Ugh, that would be a cool toy to add to the toybox.

Last edited:

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    They are available to Government agencys, and class 3 sot's.

Not for general consumption as none were made before 1986

dnewton3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Indy area
    I'm a Glock factory armorer, and also a LEO.

No civilian may own/posses a Glock 18, nor a converted 17; they are ALL post-86 pieces of equipment that I'm aware of. Gov entities and SOT may posses with proper paperwork.

For a while, our SWAT team had GLK 18s, but they were ditched some time ago. The GLK 18s were dept issue to the officers, so they were allowed to carry them as duty weapons. To be clear, the SO owned the weapons, but they were issued to the officers. The officers themselves cannot own the items as they are post-86 items. It's a shame, because I would LOVE to own one, too.

There are some products from the aftermarket that modify the Glocks, via means I'll not discuss in detail, that make them full-auto only (not selectable). The items are made (to the best of my knowledge) out of country. They are illegal for importation, and they are illegal to have, use, sniff, taste, touch, scratch or even have hanging around. When you have or use one of these in a Glock, you have illegally converted a weapon, and are in violation of federal (and presumably state) laws. It is my best understanding that even possession of these items is illegal, even if the item is not installed in the weapon.

If you want to shoot fast with a Glock, move your trigger finger faster. That's about as good as you're going to be able to get.

MikeA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    I'm a Glock factory armorer, and also a LEO.

No civilian may own/posses a Glock 18, nor a converted 17; they are ALL post-86 pieces of equipment that I'm aware of. Gov entities and SOT may posses with proper paperwork.

For a while, our SWAT team had GLK 18s, but they were ditched some time ago. The GLK 18s were dept issue to the officers, so they were allowed to carry them as duty weapons. To be clear, the SO owned the weapons, but they were issued to the officers. The officers themselves cannot own the items as they are post-86 items. It's a shame, because I would LOVE to own one, too.

There are some products from the aftermarket that modify the Glocks, via means I'll not discuss in detail, that make them full-auto only (not selectable). The items are made (to the best of my knowledge) out of country. They are illegal for importation, and they are illegal to have, use, sniff, taste, touch, scratch or even have hanging around. When you have or use one of these in a Glock, you have illegally converted a weapon, and are in violation of federal (and presumably state) laws. It is my best understanding that even possession of these items is illegal, even if the item is not installed in the weapon.

If you want to shoot fast with a Glock, move your trigger finger faster. That's about as good as you're going to be able to get.

Im a civilian and will be in legal possession of a glock 18 soon.:D

Top Bottom