• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'm not an insurance professional, but this morning I saw another one "Right to Bear" insurance and this concept seems to be picking up momentum in the gun world. It's been around for a while and I'm interested in learning more. What I'm really curious about is if anyone here really knows how to pick apart these types of insurance and what your thoughts are.

If you have self defense carry insurance, what type did you pick and why?

Here's two for an example, and I know there's many more:

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    I'm not an insurance professional, but this morning I saw another one "Right to Bear" insurance and this concept seems to be picking up momentum in the gun world. It's been around for a while and I'm interested in learning more. What I'm really curious about is if anyone here really knows how to pick apart these types of insurance and what your thoughts are.

If you have self defense carry insurance, what type did you pick and why?

Here's two for an example, and I know there's many more:

It's a good question. I just switched from USCCA to CCW. I think this is a topic worth discussing
    Perhaps of interest:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    All one has to do is check claim history and profits of the insurers. Tells the story.
    Side note- the profit of an insurance company is more tied to the investments they make with the premium money than the amount of premiums and payouts on claims. More than 1 insurance exec has told me that if they can break even on premiums vs. claims payouts (including defense costs), they feel like they are doing very well.

Regardless of what self-defense specific insurance a person may choose to have, a good umbrella policy is always smart.

Top Bottom