• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I was looking around in my safe and my garage last night for something to sell. I couldn't find anything I wanted to part with. So I won't be buying a 1911 anytime soon. BUT, I did receive $30 for my birthday yesterday. So I am $30 closer to buying one :)

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I was looking around in my safe and my garage last night for something to sell. I couldn't find anything I wanted to part with. So I won't be buying a 1911 anytime soon. BUT, I did receive $30 for my birthday yesterday. So I am $30 closer to buying one :)

This is why we need the INGO Gun Lending Library! If each of us donates our best gun to that so we can share in their wonderfulness, it can only make the world a better place. We can start by having each of you send me the best gun you have and I promise I'll share them with everyone once in a while.

Seriously, sometimes I do think I'm just renting what I own. If I sell after a year and lose $50 in the deal, I chalk it up to a year long rental fee.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This is why we need the INGO Gun Lending Library! If each of us donates our best gun to that so we can share in their wonderfulness, it can only make the world a better place. We can start by having each of you send me the best gun you have and I promise I'll share them with everyone once in a while.

Seriously, sometimes I do think I'm just renting what I own. If I sell after a year and lose $50 in the deal, I chalk it up to a year long rental fee.

I just finished up a sweet SA-RO......you wanna shoot it.....:)

mikefraz

Master
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Lakeville
    1911's actually don't fit my hand very well. Most single stack handguns don't. It's a shame too, considering how dead sexy they are. My wife loves 1911's though so we still have one.

Hopper

Master
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Nov 6, 2013
    Hamilton County

Hahh! I've often thought EXACTLY the same thing about "renting" some of what I've had in the past, and sold/traded away. Though what I have now I've had for awhile, and don't plan to part with anything soon.

You need to rent out that old S&W 66 to me. I promise I'll give her back, cross my fingers, stick a needle in my eye, etc.

10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    The best of the life and death shooters in the world carry them and by life and death I mean Delta force and FBI hostage rescue team and Fbi Swat guys carry them and i believe some Marine Corps units also carry them. I believe that the 1911's short consistent trigger pull beats every pistol trigger I have ever shot except for my cz 75 shadow's SAO trigger and its not really better just equal. The capacity isnt really an issue for me I am comfortable with 8 rounds of 45. Very few 45 pistols have more than a couple round capacity advantage except maybe a glock 21.
    The true downside for a 1911 is cost. Hope my opinions help
    you decide. I like 1911 but I also carry a glock 22 regularly and cz 75 and Beretta 92 and 96 and a smith 4566 and 1006 so I am not 1911 exclusive. I also shoot and carry revolvers but my favorite pistol to shoot and the one I shoot the best is my 1911s.

Last edited:

rjklein4470

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    Carmel

I carry a full size 1911 full custom every day. It is by far the easiest firearm to conceal and carry. If you get the right holster you will forget you have it on. It is very slim, but it only holds 9 rounds. However I carry a back up mag, and I practice coming out of concealment getting on target and doing mag exchanges.

For me, I shoot the 1911 better, it carries better, and I love the trigger. The fact that I have some bad ass 1911 does not hurt either.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Lots of 1911 love and it's almost Valentine's Day.
    A beautiful 1911 gives me butterflies and gets the heart pounding.
    Thank you once again JMB for the "Diamonds are Forever" gun.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    If you like shooting and doing it accurately in 45acp then a 1911 is go way to go. The single stack magazines are the reason IHMO, is why they shoot so well in 45. Added that they are well balanced helps also.

palerider0485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2009
    just north of muncie.
    get one, even if you dont carry it. ever collection should have a 1911 in it. i think there are better guns to carry and keep by your bed at night, but still the 1911 is a work of art, there wonderfull at the range, and yes, you can use it as a defence gun aswell,

trucker777

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2014
    WESTVILLE
    Having been the owner of a 1911, I can say that whether your experience is positive or negative, you aren't officially a "gun guy" in my opinion until you have that experience behind the infamous 1911.

Twinsen

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2016
    Indiana
    Because everyone should have a piece of Mormon history in their possession. :)
    For those of you who don't know JMB was a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Of which members are sometimes referred to as "Mormon".

Top Bottom