• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cassada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    Looking for some feedback from like minded people. I have a Polish Tantal Folder in 5.45x39. It is a smooth, accurate, no frills shooter. I am thinking about selling it to put the funds towards other prepardness needs. IE: food and water storage, ammo, ect, ect. Funds are low and the ability to get top dollar is tempting. I have three other people under my roof and I need to consider their needs. The ammo only being available as an import and not being able to re-load it, as well as not being able to put an optic on it makes its use limited in my eyes. Your Feedback???

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    Why can't you use an optic? You can red dot the upper handguard or use a side rail (if you have one..you can add it if you don't).

vindictor

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    If you are going to sell it now is probably the time. As you said you should be able to get top dollar. But don't forget that is very possible you will never be able to buy another one. I personally would hold on to it. Unfortunately that is a big part of my problem. Once I've got them I can't let them go.........

Cassada

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2011
    The tantal comes with a "thumb" safety on the left side of the firearm. It is functional but because of it you cant put a tradiontal ak side scope mount. There is always the option of the gas tube/ hand guard red dot. The tantal also has a free floating gas tube , which insists on fabrication for most after market handguards

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    you can buy a tantal specific side rail.

that said, I would sell it for multiple reasons.

1) if you want to, now is the time.
    2) US made, non-chrome lined barrel (yuck)
    3) century built, though the one I had was pretty decent.
    4) wire side folder (yuck)

Top Bottom