• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    I did a search and couldnt find a clear answer. I know this has to go through an FFL for the buyer. My question is: Do I have to ship the gun through an FFL or can I just ship it myself directly to the out of state FFL? Thanks

Jwmeador

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Franklin
    I did a search and couldnt find a clear answer. I know this has to go through an FFL for the buyer. My question is: Do I have to ship the gun through an FFL or can I just ship it myself directly to the out of state FFL? Thanks

Make to sure to call and find out if the shipping place you want to ship through will ship a firearm. I typically have to find ups hub closest to where i live to ship a firearm.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

yes, you can ship thru fed ex, or ups, but i think you'll have to take to a shipping center, not a ups store, kinkos, or any authorized shipper, NOW im going to give you a piece of advice, before you ship to the buyers ffl, contact the ffl first!, get everything the ffl wants BEFORE you ship the gun, remember its their ffl, so its their rules!, we will accept transfers from individuals, but we want all the info that you fill out when you buy a gun(city and state of birth, ssn, photocopy of a dl)

remember if you do something wrong, the gun go's into "transfer limbo" cant transfer to the buyer, and cant return to you!

so contact the buyers ffl first!, (some wont accept from individuals!)

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Like shootersix stated, I am finding more and more FFL's that will not recieve a firearm from a non FFL. The BATF has got a lot of them scared. I have sold a couple of firearms that I had to have FFL's on each end. DO NOT get involved with sales to California, unless you AND the local FFL is willing and able to jump through all those flaming hoops. Between restricted features and waiting for all the extra transfer paperwork to clear, it just is not usually worth it.

Top Bottom