• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    I'm at a toss up to get rid of my Ruger SR1911. I have considered to sell or trade for several months now. I have only put 2 mags thru it since new about 4 years ago... it was a sweet shooter and i have always liked the 1911s. I don't do anything with because mainly the cost of 45 ammo, just sits in the safe. Such a hard decision to make. I sold some of my single shot shotguns because i got a new 12ga pump for my birthday and used that money to get another walther pps m2 for the gf, so i did replace what i sold for something needed. The Beretta PX4 STORM 9mm was too heavy for the gf so the Walther was the choice for her and she liked what i carried. Any thoughts on this? What ever i sell will be used to get something else in 9mm since i don't have the funds to buy new.

dmarsh8

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Katmandu
    Whatever fits your needs is all that really matters. Opinions are kind of irrelevant. Many people simply won't sell a gun after they buy it out of principle. Some will do what you have and trade for something more useful.(whatever that reason is)
    Some couldn't care less about most of them they acquire and just like trying different pieces and/or making a few bucks on them if they bought them cheap.

92FSTech

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 24, 2020
    North Central
    If you're not shooting it, and can't afford to feed it, probably better to let it go.

I like 1911s, but I don't carry them. If I was in a position where I had to choose between keeping a safe queen or range toy and funding something I actually needed for self defense, the latter would win out every time.

Also, if you really want a 1911 but can't afford/don't want to deal with sourcing .45, they also make them in 9mm. A full-size, steel-framed 1911 in 9mm is awesome to shoot.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Personally if you don't shoot it and it's not a collector's piece that will appreciate, I'd sell it to fund something more practical. I'm not a prepper per se, but you have to be prepared for some kind of societal disturbance. Use the funds to do that.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I'm at a toss up to get rid of my Ruger SR1911. I have considered to sell or trade for several months now. I have only put 2 mags thru it since new about 4 years ago... it was a sweet shooter and i have always liked the 1911s. I don't do anything with because mainly the cost of 45 ammo, just sits in the safe. Such a hard decision to make. I sold some of my single shot shotguns because i got a new 12ga pump for my birthday and used that money to get another walther pps m2 for the gf, so i did replace what i sold for something needed. The Beretta PX4 STORM 9mm was too heavy for the gf so the Walther was the choice for her and she liked what i carried. Any thoughts on this? What ever i sell will be used to get something else in 9mm since i don't have the funds to buy new.

Ruger makes a dandy little lightweight Commander in 9 mm also. So you could still have your 1911, only in 9 mm. There may be guys out there that would like to trade up to a full size. I love my little Ruger Commander!

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Great words from all of you. The other pistols would be more for self defense type purposes. 1911 is a bit big to carry which i prefer iwb as I'm not too keen on open carry to advertise what i have but have thought of the shoulder harness but still not liking the size. A 9mm in a 1911 would still seem a bit large to me. I don't really get into having a range gun as most have. I chose the walther pps m2 because it was slim. I'm just thinking i will regret not having the ruger..not so concerned about selling the px4 storm..it actually feels as heavy as the hipoint 45 i used to have.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Everyone should own a 1911. Yeah they are also available in 9mm.

Got a thought. .45 ammo costs twice as much as 9mm. But a 1911 holds half the ammo of a Glock. So 1911 costs the same to shoot as a Glock!
    Not a fan of the glock as most are. Just dont like the looks.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Ruger makes a dandy little lightweight Commander in 9 mm also. So you could still have your 1911, only in 9 mm. There may be guys out there that would like to trade up to a full size. I love my little Ruger Commander!

Think i seen them but didn't give a 2nd look. Believe i was researching sigs or something. I'll check on them. Nice to get ideas from everyone on here.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Sell it if you wont shoot/carry it. Safe queens are great, but if you are a Poors, sometimes you have to let go the queens when they wont appreciate.

I did the same with my 1911. Wife was more ticked than I because she loved how it shot. But the AR-9 I was able to finance gets range time almost every time.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Sell it if you wont shoot/carry it. Safe queens are great, but if you are a Poors, sometimes you have to let go the queens when they wont appreciate.

I did the same with my 1911. Wife was more ticked than I because she loved how it shot. But the AR-9 I was able to finance gets range time almost every time.
    I was wanting 1 of those long ago but was outa price range and was going to get a hipoint 9mm rifle because they had such good feedback unlike the c9 pistol. Decided not to buy and started milling ar lowers instead.

gassprint1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 15, 2015
    NWI
    Going to retire for the night. I'll try to give examples of what i have looked at all being 9mm and even looked at the newer 380 plus, but after seeing 380acp is as much as 45acp...not going that route.
    I appreciate the conversation and such thus thread is getting...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I was pointing out that if you can find a P7 for 2 grand, you can easily flip it for double your money.
    I've ignored you a while but you finally got on my last nerve.
    We get it. There are poors here. lots of them. Probably most of us by your perspective. Your attitude is getting kinda abrasive. Knock it off. Official warning as a mod.

So how about some introspection? How about you start giving some grace and step down from that pedestal you placed yourself on with your username and profile pic. Its rather unbecoming.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I was pointing out that if you can find a P7 for 2 grand, you can easily flip it for double your money.
    Fine but his reply was to this post of yours below. Being he's stated funding is an issue, recommending a $2k pistol seems retarded

My HK P7 is very slim and is a pleasure to carry. You might want to consider getting one if slimness is a concern.

Top Bottom