• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RonPaulSupporter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2008
    So I'm looking to possibly sell one of my handguns on Gunbroker and I'm not an FFL, how do I go about this? Basically my biggest question is, how do I go about shipping the item (ie. what service do I use, what's the general cost, etc)? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    If you sell to an out of state buyer you must ship to a FFL dealer.

Many FFL dealers will only accept shipments from FFL dealers so you may need to work with your local dealer and ship through him. If that is the case then the dealer should pay your local FFL fee in addition to the shipping costs, but that said, I've never paid more than $20 for that fee, plus shipping.

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    If you sell to another Hoosier you can just meet face to face. If you sell to anyone else or you need to ship, you will have to ship to a FFL. It could save you a lot of time to just work with your local dealer to ship to another dealer. It will add some money but it won't eat up all of your time fighting with the shippers.

Personally, I believe it is worth spending another $20 or so not to have to deal with the red tape.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    1. Create an account.
    2. Auction item.
    3. Take payment.
    4. Ship to him via your FFL to his FFL and take a hit on the $ since your FFL will charge you a slight fee BUT shipping will be reasonable. Otherwise, send to his FFL BUT shipping will be far more since you will likely have to go FEDEX overnight. Additionally, some FFL's will not accept shipping directly from individuals. I find it easier to just let my FFL ship to theirs and the difference is a wash.
    5. Miss firearm dearly and eventually buy another one just like it.

That's about it.

Of just sell it to Nate FTF.

karlsgunbunker

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2008
    I offer a shipping service for Pistols.
    For "INgunowners Members only" $15 + actual shipping & Insurance.
    I use Priority Mail and Shipping is usually $10 or less, Insurance depends on the value of the Pistol. I also have to file a Form 1508 with the USPS.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    And when buying on gunbroker, you gotta watch out for that "plus actual shipping" if the person you buy from is not an FFL and you end up paying $65 cuz some dude shipped FedEx.

I am not a "collector" so I have always been able to find what I want locally for less money.

IN_Revol

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    The Greater West Laf
    I've sold via gunbroker... Unless the buyer's FFL demands that the gun be shipped from FFL to FFL, in reality the law only requires you to ship to an FFL via an approved carrier. Since i sold a handgun, it was FedEx (announced, with a copy of FedEx policy in hand) overnight to their FFL, no worries at all!

Top Bottom