• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/16/feds-accused-leaving-trail-wreckage-after-nevada-ranch-standoff/?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D465648

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It's interesting that Oathkeepers are there. Based upon their boasting of prior military service as giving them gravitas, it would be interesting to know whether Bundy served during Vietnam or not. I did. If he's a draft card burner, then I think we should know that he's more Jane Fonda than John Wayne.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    It's interesting that Oathkeepers are there. Based upon their boasting of prior military service as giving them gravitas, it would be interesting to know whether Bundy served during Vietnam or not. I did. If he's a draft card burner, then I think we should know that he's more Jane Fonda than John Wayne.

I didn't serve in Vietnam nor did I burn my draft card. There are thousands like me and likely dozens on this board. Kindly explain how we are more like Jane Fonda than John Wayne.

Oathkeepers swear that they will not abuse their powers and skills by carrying out unlawful or unconstitutional orders against the citizens they have sworn to protect. We don't distinguish between those that served in Vietnam and those that did not.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I didn't serve in the military during Vietnam, nor am I a coward.

​How is this relevant to the discussion?
    He's making this a character issue about Bundy. Taking it all the way back to 'Nam to make his case.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    Do not generalize. I asked a specific question about Bundy. If you know, then answer. If you don't, it doesn't apply.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    He's making this a character issue about Bundy. Taking it all the way back to 'Nam to make his case.

Bundy is just a little older than me, so he was likely "eligible" for service in the Vietnam Conflict (versus others).

And yes, to some degree being a decorated war veteran makes a difference to me.

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    3% of the colonists were technically terrorists in their time too. Today we call them patriots. If Harry Reid calls them and those like them terrorists, it is a label they should wear proudly.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Bundy is just a little older than me, so he was likely "eligible" for service in the Vietnam Conflict (versus others).

So, are you saying that some animals are more equal than others?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

So, are you saying that some animals are more equal than others?

For instance John McCain and John Kerry.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

It would seem that you are missing the point. The group is made up of people who have sworn to uphold and defend the Constitution who gathered together as a political pressure group to make sure that those following behind them who swear to uphold and defend the Constitution actually do so regardless of the person (i.e., any citizen, having so sworn or not) who is the target when they do not do so.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

I can respect that on an emotional level but on an intellectual level would it change your opinion of the merits of the case against Bundy's actions or the way the feds handled the situation if the headlines described Bundy as being a decorated war veteran?

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    I can respect that on an emotional level but on an intellectual level would it change your opinion of the merits of the case against Bundy's actions or the way the feds handled the situation if the headlines described Bundy as being a decorated war veteran?

It has to do with Oathkeepers. If this guy is a draft dodger, than I think Oathkeepers might be defending the wrong "hero".

Top Bottom