0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    Hope they (Dems)remember, payback is hell. They will not have the majority forever.

That is why they're changing the rules -- to ensure that they will have it forever.

How dare anybody ever challenge King Barry I and his minions?!

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    That is why they're changing the rules -- to ensure that they will have it forever.

How dare anybody ever challenge King Barry I and his minions?!

Or they are scared to death of losing the Senate in 2014 and want to ram as much crap as they can through???

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    In the third paragraph Obama is quoted saying that "its not what our founders envisioned"
    He actually said this? What the hell has this guy done that anyone can compare to what our founders envisioned?
    Anybody?

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    On his own logic, I can only presume that if the GOP takes the Senate, abolishes the filibuster, and repeals Obamacare, Obama will sign it.

Right?

Right???

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    When you have to change the very essence of the body to which you belong in order to pass laws, that's when the laws become illegitimate. If you cannot legislate according to the rules of the Senate, those laws then issued forth should not be issued. But, if John Boehner can eliminate the Hastert rule and destroy (albeit nascent) House precedent, why can't Harry Reid destroy Senate precedent?

These criminals have no respect for the rule of law and couldn't understand the Parliamentarians even if they would try. As a petulant child, 'I'm gonna take my ball and go home!' This is the caliber of the men leading a branch of government: fourth-grade. (With no insult intended to most fourth-graders.)

nawainwright

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    New Hampshire
    What I find infuriating about this (well one of the things) is that when R's get control of the Senate again, they will allow the media and D's to brow beat them into accepting the "old rules".

Hasn't the cry from this party of "we'll do whatever the hell we want" been "If you don't like things, win some elections". Any time I hear some Democrat chastising a Republican for fighting back against this or that "law of the land", they are always saying, "go out and win some elections and then change things". Here we have them saying "**** ELECTIONS!"

TRWXXA

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2008
    In the third paragraph Obama is quoted saying that "its not what our founders envisioned"
    He actually said this? What the hell has this guy done that anyone can compare to what our founders envisioned?
    Anybody?
    He's an idiot. Anyone who believes any of the crap pouring out of his cakehole is too stupid to be an idiot.

We can safely assume that President F***stick has read more of Carl Marx, V.I. Lenin, and Saul Alinsky, than anything our founding fathers ever wrote.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    When is this gonna end? When will the people of this country stop this? I am ashamed of my country's govt. i am ashamed of my neighbors. They either are going to ram through every single thing they can right now cuz they know they are gonna lose the senate, or this is even worse than we think. either way obamacare is here to stay, this is the wrecking ball that will be unstoppable.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Can anyone show me where in the Constitution either party is guaranteed a right to filibuster? Bet you won't find it. What you will find is that the congress has the ability to make and change their rules. That means the majority gets to impose their will on the minority, per their rules. The gop wanted this power a few short years ago and now it's anathema because the dems are going to get to use it. And it will be tears and lamentations from the dems should the gop ever regain a majority. It's just one big circle jerk of rules making and remaking up there. Bidness as usual.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The dems aren't going to lose the senate. Republicans could win the senate, but they don't have the political courage to make democrats own the mess.

Top Bottom