• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    I am not sure who all is following; or where the thread went on the activity (I thought I saw one earlier) sooo here goes ...

The Senate is set to vote today 4-17 (or start voting) on the S.649.

So I sent 5 (more) letters to Donnelly and Coats (EACH) on S.649 and several of the 9 Amendments. Yes, You read right - there are 9 proposed Amendments to this legislation which infringe on the rights guaranteed by the 2nd Amendment.

SA.711 (was S.150) the "Assault Weapons" ban - added to S.649 as Title IV
    SA.712 to keep Foreign Criminals from buying firearms (I've not heard much about this) - added to S.649
    SA.713 (revises Title II, Was S.54) - this is the straw purchase section - which still had some troubling language regarding registration
    SA.714 (was S.33 / S.691) - Magazine Capacity Restrictions - added to S.649
    SA.715 (replaces Title I which was S.374) - This is the Toomey-Schumer-Manchin "compromise"
    SA.729 unknown as of this writing - possibly sponsored by Sen Cruz (TX)
    SA.730 unknown as of this writing - possibly sponsored by Sen Cruz (TX)

Plus 3 more ( I believe these to be SA 731, 732, 733 though I cannot be certain, and sponsors/authors not available either.)

Please Call or E-mail Senator Coats or Donnelly (or your own Senators if you're out of Indiana) and ask them to oppose this legislations that chips away at the rights that are protected by the 2nd Amendment.

Senator Donnelly: 202-224-4814 or email: Senator Joe Donnelly

Senator Coats: 202-224-5623 or e-mail: Contact | United States Senator Dan Coats of Indiana

Senate Switchboard: 202-224-3121 or e-mail list: U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Debate continues Wednesday (4-17) until 4 PM when they are to begin voting (per latest information). If anyone would like a needs a sample letter - I am willing to share the letters I just sent if anyone is interested. I tried to distinguish the various proposed amendments and discussion items so they get relayed to the Senators as separate concerns on each matter. I'd say they are a good starting point - but they are my own best position on these issues; so if I don't quite hit something the way you would like feel free to edit.

I know you've been at it but now we really have to get the word out.

tallend

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    PLEASE CALL-------this will infringe on ALL gun owners---------

Dont let the "Knee Jerk"Senators take away another FREEDOM

The framers of the Constitution,set it up so THE PEOPLE controlled the elected congress---------------
    We have a muslim who "would be king",and a congress that would be dictator-----only a few that truly represent THE PEOPLE..

Call Coats and thank him for voting against any new gun laws..

Call Donnely---tell him NO NEW GUN LAWS-----------(the right of the PEOPLE to keep and bear arms--------SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED)

The proposed new laws WILL affect all gun owners---it will take away another freedom-----------it will affect you---and all future generations.

tallend..

Never trust a dog to guard your food---or the government to guard your freedom

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Good thing is - They don't have the votes. Think about that:

Senate Democrats don't have the Senate Democrat votes for the Senate Democrat-proposed gun legislation that WOULD TOTALLY SAVE THE KIDS.

Now the only question: Will the president push forward this obviously unpopular legislation anyway, via EO?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Just saw this - but the link was bad - and I can't find working link:

One of the Amendment Authored by Cruz R-TX is Cosponsored by Coats

Replacement for Title I of S.649 / TSM amend / S.374 - whatever you want to call it at this point.

More if I can find it. Senate starting now.

Top Bottom