• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    You should get it in about 3 weeks, that's all it took for mine. I figure in the couple of weeks I've had mine, just the stuff I've bought from MidwayUSA has paid for the FFL 4 or 5 times over. And it's really sweet having UPS deliver boxes of rifles.:yesway:

jss1956

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    Indiana the Armpit
    I've had a C&R for about a year. If you plan on buying old stuff over the internet and/or are looking for dealer discounts you should be fine. Just ask the internet listee in advance if they talk a C&R. Otherwise, you will have some problems so be ready. Few, if any dealers at a gun show will accept a C&R. Many shops will either have never heard of a C&R or will turn you down flat. Be prepared to do some homework and educate those you come in contact with. Definitely get proactive and take your C&R to those that you want to establish and have a long term relationship with so that they have your license on file. Get's them used to you in advance and it will pay off.

I was at a gun show recently and was interested in several guns a dealer had on his table. I asked him if he took a C&R FFL. He responded yes and when we agreed to a 3 gun purchase I handed him a copy of my C&R along with the cash. The guy looked at my C&R and informed me that "the license wasn't worth the paper it was printed on and he could wipe his ... with it". He went on to inform me that "dealers want to do business with dealers and I was a dealer wanna-be". I responeded by telling him that I wasn't a dealer but a collector (have been for years). I told him I thought dealers want to do business with customers and since I obviously wasn't one, he could keep his guns and I would spend my cash elsewhere. I took the cash back and walked away. Needless to say the guy was riled. Too bad, he lost.

Expect some good and some disappointment with a C&R. If someone won't take my license I don't do business with them, ever. I'm often baffled by many of the dealers that I encounter. If I was missing an opportunity to sell someone my product I would sure educate myself so that I could get their business. Have fun.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    What is an advantage of the C&R license? What kind of guns can you purchase with it? Thanks.

Top Bottom