• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Tired of getting cheek beat up, and lacking the funds for an ACE set-up, and not having the heart to Tapco it up, bored, yesterday, I took off the stock and fired up the table saw. Instead of refinishing the whole thing to make the fresh-cut almost white portion of birch match, I just flat blacked the whole deal. The hardest part was the rubber portion of the butt pad, but after the sanding drum on the dremel got hot it shaped quite easily. The plastic portion and birch sanded down quite easily. Cheek slap gone for good.
    http://rs90.pbsrc.com/albums/k253/nater762fmj/Mobile Uploads/image_zps92af71c3.jpg~320x480
    http://rs90.pbsrc.com/albums/k253/nater762fmj/Mobile Uploads/image_zps8e28e01e.jpg~320x480

huntall50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2009
    NW Indianapolis
    Thats kinda what I was planning for my new N-Pap. I was thinking more or a narrowing of the stock than triming down the top. So, two questions for you OP.
    1. How does the NATO length stock work for you? (I'm also considering cutting it down to Warsaw length).
    2. Have you shot it since the trim down?

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Thats kinda what I was planning for my new N-Pap. I was thinking more or a narrowing of the stock than triming down the top. So, two questions for you OP.
    1. How does the NATO length stock work for you? (I'm also considering cutting it down to Warsaw length).
    2. Have you shot it since the trim down?
    I prefer a NATO length as long as its in the NATO configuration...I can't wait till someone offers one for the M70's. Getting my cheek forward of the comb was the only way I could shoot it without cheek smack, BUT my neck is to short to allow me comfortably do so with that stock's LOP. So taking off the comb made it all right for me. I can now lay my fat head anywhere on it in comfort, and it just slides along my cheek during recoil instead of jabbing into it.

Top Bottom