• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    I need some help with some information about a series 70 Gold Cup. It has the small roll marks on the slide and a serial number ending in N70. I have found reference to it being manufactured in 1982. Blue book shows production of 70 series ran through 1983. I have a guy telling me it is a reproduction and the last series 70 Gold Cups were manufactured 1977-1979. I have seen countless small rollmark series 70's for sale and have never heard mention of them being reproductions. I would appreciate any information on these.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    Send it over here and I'll just take this "repro" off your hands ;)

Seriously, sounds to me like a gold cup. If I remember right, there have been a few more recent models, but that indeed sounds like the 80's model.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    Going to contact Colt today. This tool won't leave me alone, and a bit nasty I might add. I asked him by whom and when and he wouldn't answer. Said any Colt collector would know that. Thinks I'm a novice, doesn't know I have been collecting and shooting Colt's for the last 35 years. Have about 20 of them. Just wanted to verify that not all Colt collectors call those reproductions. Thanks.

LARGrizzly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Dayton
    Contacted Colt, they verified it was standard production series 70 Gold Cup made in 1982. Informed dude that was accusing me of listing a reproduction as the real thing of what Colt told me. No response, go figure. But at least he quit sending me hate mail. Thanks all.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Colt reintroduced the Series 70 pistols some years back, and they are now referred to as 'reproductions' by owners to differentiate them from the originals.

Top Bottom