• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    And, just so you all know, just about the only browser that the State Gov't of Indiana uses/supports.... is IE... Awesome, huh?

-J-

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have a couple of customers that have to use IE. The vendors they deal with on a daily basis have ActiveX plugins that only run on IE (and sometimes not even on the latest version). It's really a pain.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    FYI: Microsoft is releasing a patch today. It should show up in Automatic Updates soon. They are also releasing it for Windows XP.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    As far as I know - the State of Indiana IOT hasn't sent out any kind of notification / release regarding this. It's been 3+ years since they locked out the auto updates / access to the MS page.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    As far as I know - the State of Indiana IOT hasn't sent out any kind of notification / release regarding this. It's been 3+ years since they locked out the auto updates / access to the MS page.

If they're managed computers, the IT department may be managing updates themselves rather than allow users to do it themselves. It's not uncommon.

Mad Macs

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 3, 2011
    Plainfield, IN
    And, just so you all know, just about the only browser that the State Gov't of Indiana uses/supports.... is IE... Awesome, huh?

-J-

Make that most state government agencies. We have a client who works with 48 states and NONE of them work properly on the same version of IE/Java. Total nightmare.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If they're managed computers, the IT department may be managing updates themselves rather than allow users to do it themselves. It's not uncommon.

That's what they started doing.

I think they always tried to do it - but it took until a few years ago before they locked everyone out of the Windows Update page. I can't even get to that page using the cellular air card.

Top Bottom