• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • marcum man

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 20, 2012
    Bourbon
    Just got my new cqc in the mail today. I am a lefty, and could not find one locally or at any show I went to. I like the fact that you get two different ways to carry, I use the paddle I like how high it sits on my side. I also love the retention, and hearing that audible click let's me know its firmly seated and secure.:)

Stainer

Master
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Feb 8, 2009
    God's Country
    OMG!!!!! NO!!!!!! Not an evil Serpa!!!! You will shoot yourself in the leg!!!!!

Train with it and it will work great. I love my safariland, because it works for me. As long as this works for you, you will be good to go.

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Ditto on the training. I've used one on and off for many years w/o shooting myself or getting the pistol jammed in one.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    As long as you're standing on your target you should be good to go!

But seriously, train like crazy with it before going live! Same should be said about all new pieces of gear.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    That's not good advice. Training with the Serpa is typically where users get themselves in trouble. :D

I've shot myself 5 times with my Glock 27 while training with my Serpa and the gun didn't even have one of them clips in it. That is just how dangerous those guns and holsters are.

canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    I've got a Safariland ALS and a Serpa, both are great holsters, ignore the internet wars train with it and enjoy it.

I'm a little surprised you had trouble finding a southpaw version in stock, unless it was for a less common handgun version, but usually if I can find the serpa I can find at least one lefty for Glock, M&P and either the XD or 1911 depending on the day.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    I don't get how anybody NDs with these. Not with a Glock at least. Even if I'm pushing the release button too hard when I unholster, my finger slaps the slide, not into the trigger guard.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I don't get how anybody NDs with these. Not with a Glock at least. Even if I'm pushing the release button too hard when I unholster, my finger slaps the slide, not into the trigger guard.
    If you do it with the TIP of your finger and not the side (i.e. not how the holster was designed to operate) and it's much easier to get your finger in the guard where it isn't supposed to be.

Needless to say I have Serpa's for both of my guns, and have had 0 issues where I accidentally ended up in the trigger guard. It is important, however, to train regularly to build muscle memory so if you ever need to do it under stress you're not fumbling over and that you don't shoot yourself as you unholster :).

ItIsWhatItIs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2012
    Maybe those who are shooting themselves/ground/innocent objects should not be carrying in the first place. <3 my serpa gear.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    Love my Serpa. I must have been hiding in a cave, this is the first I've heard of idiots having NDs with it. If you are getting your booger hook inside there then you are not using a proper motion.

Top Bottom