Service Van Shot Up Overnight in Indy(Pics)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    So apparently the pics below were taken of a service van that was shot up overnight in an apartment complex on the northeast side of Indy.

Looks like larger caliber rounds shot through the winshield (one even made it to the rear of the van and put a nickle size hole in the back door) and some .22 or .25 rounds into the hood.

SDC11201.jpg

SDC11200.jpg

SDC11205.jpg

SDC11202.jpg

SDC11210.jpg

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    Not sure a .22 would have made it out the back door...

Yeah, that's why I stated in my OP that I think only the hood shots were .22 the holes in the winshield and impressions in the safety door behind it appear to be much bigger than .22, not to mention the big hole in the back door.

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Would a 223 mushroom any after passing through glass? I think 7.62 would have made bigger holes and caused more through n throughs and more damage.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    Here is how I see it.

It almost looks as if the person who shot up this van, is planning on doing it to a different vehicle for a theft of some sort or another real possibility is that this dudes wife is screwing the cable guy.

The groups were too good to just be the average hood with a gun. This looks as if they wanted to see penitration on the hood to disable the vehicle and then see the damage of being able to take out the driver through the windshield.

My prediction, in the next few weeks there will be a story of some other type van shot up, the driver killed and this or that motive.

I am not a psychic, nor do I play one on TV. The above post is based on my speculation.

starcrack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Bloomington, IN
    Here is how I see it.

It almost looks as if the person who shot up this van, is planning on doing it to a different vehicle for a theft of some sort or another real possibility is that this dudes wife is screwing the cable guy.

The groups were too good to just be the average hood with a gun. This looks as if they wanted to see penitration on the hood to disable the vehicle and then see the damage of being able to take out the driver through the windshield.

My prediction, in the next few weeks there will be a story of some other type van shot up, the driver killed and this or that motive.

I am not a psychic, nor do I play one on TV. The above post is based on my speculation.

And are you sure you are not the said "dude"? :D

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    pretty good grouping in the windshield!

Nice groups. Looks like 22 or 223.

Anybody can group that good at less than 5 feet!!

no, i think it was a keltec 9mm, in OD green, with a laser, in a fobus holster, and the guy used a surefire x300 light.

I hope thats not even close to what was realy used or i'll get a knock on my door, explaining myself, lol.

Carrying in the 3 o'clock with tactical 5.11 TDU's in black with ninja star holder secured to alligator gun belt.

Top Bottom