• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwdecour

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    West Central Indiana
    This is not a religious post in any way but an answer to the "Obama didn't procaim Easter post"

The last time a president made an Easter proclimation was 1980.

Here is some of what Obama said at his Easter themed prayer breakfast:

I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -- because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there's something about the resurrection -- something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.
    "We all live in the hustle and bustle of our work... But then comes Holy Week. The triumph of Palm Sunday. The humility of Jesus washing the disciples' feet. His slow march up that hill, and the pain and the scorn and the shame of the cross. And we're reminded that in that moment, he took on the sins of the world -- past, present and future -- and he extended to us that unfathomable gift of grace and salvation through his death and resurrection.
    "In the words of the book Isaiah: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
    "This magnificent grace, this expansive grace, this 'Amazing Grace' calls me to reflect. And it calls me to pray. It calls me to ask God for forgiveness for the times that I've not shown grace to others, those times that I've fallen short. It calls me to praise God for the gift of our son -- his Son and our Savior."

Take off the tin foil hats and stop taking what Faux News says as gospel.
    Not that this will change anyones minds so why so I even bother.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    This is not a religious post in any way but an answer to the "Obama didn't procaim Easter post"

The last time a president made an Easter proclimation was 1980.

Here is some of what Obama said at his Easter themed prayer breakfast:

I wanted to host this breakfast for a simple reason -- because as busy as we are, as many tasks as pile up, during this season, we are reminded that there's something about the resurrection -- something about the resurrection of our savior, Jesus Christ, that puts everything else in perspective.
    "We all live in the hustle and bustle of our work... But then comes Holy Week. The triumph of Palm Sunday. The humility of Jesus washing the disciples' feet. His slow march up that hill, and the pain and the scorn and the shame of the cross. And we're reminded that in that moment, he took on the sins of the world -- past, present and future -- and he extended to us that unfathomable gift of grace and salvation through his death and resurrection.
    "In the words of the book Isaiah: "But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
    "This magnificent grace, this expansive grace, this 'Amazing Grace' calls me to reflect. And it calls me to pray. It calls me to ask God for forgiveness for the times that I've not shown grace to others, those times that I've fallen short. It calls me to praise God for the gift of our son -- his Son and our Savior."

So what is your point? The FOX article that was linked said he held the breakfast and that he, Sasquatch and the kids went to a service. Exactly what part of the article did you take issue with?

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Words, just words. He's stated before he doesn't believe in salvation through grace as the only path to God. I don't believe he believes a word he said.

Disclaimer: this isn't meant to be a discussion on religious theology. Just an example of him contradicting himself (again!) on a topic that happens to be religious.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    It calls me to praise God for the gift of our son -- his Son and our Savior."

Our son??? What was that, a teleprompter malfunction??? :rolleyes:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Fenway didn't post an Easter proclamation thread either. I think INGO is atheist and possibly hates America. Just sayin.

Also he won't release his birth certificate. Is he really a Hoosier?? :):

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Words, just words. He's stated before he doesn't believe in salvation through grace as the only path to God. I don't believe he believes a word he said.

Disclaimer: this isn't meant to be a discussion on religious theology. Just an example of him contradicting himself (again!) on a topic that happens to be religious.

I couldn't agree more. That being said, I couldn't care less. This issue is minimal to me. Unlike many other Christians I know, I don't care if the president is of the same religion as me, I care whether or not he likes freedom.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I see that the INGObamapologists are out in full force now that Obama has kicked off his re-election campaign. The hive is certainly busy these days.

awatarius

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I see that the INGObamapologists are out in full force now that Obama has kicked off his re-election campaign. The hive is certainly busy these days.

The difference between me and you? I KNOW why I don't like Obama, and they are for REAL issues. I don't need tinfoil ideas, conspiracies, or any other slightly crazy reason to dislike him. He didn't keep promises to my community, he is too liberal for me, and he is arrogant. I may like him as a person but as a President I do not care for him. But the reasons some of you find not to like him... they boarder on mania, and are just illogical. Stick to the facts they will serve his opponents better than dumb conspiracies.

Thanks,
    Matthew

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    The difference between me and you? I KNOW why I don't like Obama, and they are for REAL issues. I don't need tinfoil ideas, conspiracies, or any other slightly crazy reason to dislike him. He didn't keep promises to my community, he is too liberal for me, and he is arrogant. I may like him as a person but as a President I do not care for him. But the reasons some of you find not to like him... they boarder on mania, and are just illogical. Stick to the facts they will serve his opponents better than dumb conspiracies.

Thanks,
    Matthew

You "don't like him" but take every opportunity to defend him, my post wasn't a comment on Obama or his citizenship, it was a comment on his slavishly obedient minions. That's the fact.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Ohhh yes! Now that I see that he LOVES EASTER and something... 'bout the... resurrection... something...

I'm am SO voting for him now.

Thank you OP for taking the time from your busy schedule to convert me over to your leader.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    OP, thanks for taking time to go research what the savior obama said, but I really wouldnt care if the guy stopped his limmo in the middle of 465 and helped a group of baby ducks across the road I still wouldnt trust the reason behind why he did it or like him any more for it. The guy is worthless.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    OP, thanks for taking time to go research what the savior obama said, but I really wouldnt care if the guy stopped his limmo in the middle of 465 and helped a group of baby ducks across the road.. .

My assumption would be that he was herding the ducks to a reeducation camp.

Top Bottom