• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    One not listed is the Sig P938....I did not have a "horrible" experience but it was unpleasant. I felt for $800 I shouldn't be having as many FTE and FTF as I did. In time I feel that it will be a SUPERB firearm, but for now Caveat Emtor.

The PM9 however, is outstanding. Highly recommend this firearm to anyone looking for a small pocket carry gun. Winchester Nato 9mm is snappy but very easy to manage, especially with the pinky extension!

grand champ

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2013
    One not listed is the Sig P938....I did not have a "horrible" experience but it was unpleasant. I felt for $800 I shouldn't be having as many FTE and FTF as I did. In time I feel that it will be a SUPERB firearm, but for now Caveat Emtor.

The PM9 however, is outstanding. Highly recommend this firearm to anyone looking for a small pocket carry gun. Winchester Nato 9mm is snappy but very easy to manage, especially with the pinky extension!

For $800 you shouldn't have any free or Ftf, I would be sending that back to manufacturer with a very unpleasant phone call to customer service

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Then you would have been very upset with the Solo, considering you are limited in what ammo you could use...

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    The wife tried most of those out before deciding on the Ruger LC9. Not exactly what I would call a pocket pistol. Though I was not real keen on her choice (not a Ruger fan), it has worked out very well for her.

A lady in one of my classes recently had one of the Nano's and shot it very well. It ran perfectly, though I was not real fond of the trigger.

I wouldn't give $50 for one of the Diamondbacks. I have seen far too many with severely premature wear.

I used to own a PM9. It was a great gun, but I got rid of it simply because I found myself never carrying anything that small.

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Taurus 709 Slim is an excellent choice. Never had a problem in three years of carry, but it is a bit large for pocket carry. For true pocket carry, I recommend the Taurus TCP .380.

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    I just picked up a Slim a couple weeks ago. I only shot about 4 mags through it the one time I've had it out, but I was impressed. It is a little on the large size for pocket carry, but I'm a little large myself.
    The wife and I were shooting the PF-9 a few weeks ago and I didn't care for it. This was my wife's first time to the range and she complained that it hurt her hands. She was more comfortable with my USP 45c. I think I'll keep her.

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I like my PF9 and I got a good deal on it at Bradis. It is one of the few small guns that feels comfortable in my large hands. Also in that group is a S&W 36 with a bobbed hammer, a keeper too.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    It has been my experience that the ladies prefer the Ruger LC9 and Taurus Slim. Although the LC9 is not my preferred trigger of the bunch. I think it has a lot to do with recoil. You can really get a good grip on the LC9 and it is easy to manipulate.

FirearmPatriot

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2011
    Taurus 709 Slim is an excellent choice. Never had a problem in three years of carry, but it is a bit large for pocket carry. For true pocket carry, I recommend the Taurus TCP .380.
    I have been very impressed with the Slim, especially given the price. I have seen them recently for under $300.00. An excellent value.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    My nano has been terrific. I love Beretta and it has lived up to the name IMHO...

NanoLeftClose-up.jpg

Last edited:

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne

I fired my P938 with ease this weekend. No FTF/FTE or anything else. 1 inch 7 round group at 50 feet right out of the box and after being Frog Lubed. I shot and my wife put twenty rounds within 1inch of the spine, in her own select areas of the body. Seven head shots, seven mid body shots and six below the belt shots. She now wants one, which puts a big smile on my face!

As for the shot placement, I may think twice if I decide to divorce, lol!

Last edited:

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Although the video is no longer visible, I will add that the Kahr PM9 is my "don't leave home without" it. Whether I am carrying a second weapon with more rounds available, or by itself, I have practiced enough to feel like I can hit what I am aiming at.

Mine has been 100% reliable after firing many rounds (lost count after it's first 1000) and it is an amazingly accurate mini-thing as I can reliably hit an 8x10 piece of paper at the minimum 25 yards that is allowed at Wilbur Wright.

threedhuntr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 25, 2011
    Howard county
    Although the video is no longer visible, I will add that the Kahr PM9 is my "don't leave home without" it. Whether I am carrying a second weapon with more rounds available, or by itself, I have practiced enough to feel like I can hit what I am aiming at.

Mine has been 100% reliable after firing many rounds (lost count after it's first 1000) and it is an amazingly accurate mini-thing as I can reliably hit an 8x10 piece of paper at the minimum 25 yards that is allowed at Wilbur Wright.

I was able to watch the video ok. :dunno:

JLL101

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2013
    Central Indiana
    Hi, I have owned and shot both the Kahr PM9 and the Ruger LC9. Both have been completely reliable. When I first started carrying 5 plus years ago, Kahrs were the clear choice for me because of size, weight and reliability and accordingly I acquired the PM9. However, the Kahr never felt quite comfortable. Since acquiring the Kahr several similar sized guns have come to the marketplace. I acquired the Ruger because I really like how it felt in my hand. The Ruger ergonomics, to me, are much better than the Kahr. The Kahr seems kinda like a brick to me much like the Glocks do to me.The Ruger is a well made gun and has been completely reliable. The Ruger has the three dot sights that I prefer over the Kahr sighting system. Also, to me, the Ruger has less felt recoil than the Kahr. And finally I am in the group that likes external safeties like the Ruger has. I have since sold the Kahr. I now also own the Sig P938 and am very pleased with its performance to date. I do prefer the SA of the Sig over the DAO of the Ruger.

Top Bottom