• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Basically, they want to bring back the "free love" movement of the 60's, force it on the global population and take away parental control from "young people."

for the record, it describes "young people" as people 10-24. :n00b:

http://www.ippf.org/NR/rdonlyres/9CDED64D-5750-41A1-994D-E7D35D0F1580/0/Exclaim.pdf

Discuss.

"The concept of the evolving capacity
    of young people stems from the UN
    Convention on the Rights of the Child"

Yes, because if anyone knows how to raise healthy, stable families it's the UN :rolleyes:

Also: "Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and to be free from harm."

What rock do these people live under.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    This is just one of the many attempts being made to annihilate parental rights and grant children "autonomy" to choose the government as their parent.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    "The concept of the evolving capacity
    of young people stems from the UN
    Convention on the Rights of the Child"

Yes, because if anyone knows how to raise healthy, stable families it's the UN :rolleyes:

Also: "Everyone has the right to life, liberty, and to be free from harm."

What rock do these people live under.

"The RockofStrength" Duh :laugh:

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    This is just one of the many attempts being made to annihilate parental rights and grant children "autonomy" to choose the government as their parent.

That's pretty much what I heard, and also a little bit of "Its okay, just do whatever you want." Then people wonder why you have 14-16 year old girls pregnant, and I personally put the blame on Hollywood and parents, but I also understand that parents can't make their children make all the right decisions. I know that when I was a kid there were things I did and then just told my mom "Yup, I made a mistake and you were right." That little pamphlet mildly upsets me... But it also makes me very concerned.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This comming from the same kind of people that want monkeys to have the same rights as humans and for them to beable to file lawsuits in court :rolleyes:

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees this as a problem. I read on a commentary of this that the definition of "young people" that is used for this is age 10-24, but I have no confirmation of that.

This comming from the same kind of people that want monkeys to have the same rights as humans and for them to beable to file lawsuits in court :rolleyes:

if a monkey has the cognitive ability to write out a lawsuit, I say let him file it.

ghunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    nap-town
    The organization that is basically a mechanism for tin pot dictators to bum cash off the Western world wants to make a sexual bill of rights? Look at how women and children are treated in some member countries like Iran and Sudan. How on earth can anyone in our nation take this messed up organization seriously? I need to bum Glenn Beck's roll of duct tape and wrap it around my head.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    "In November 2009, IPPF's annual Youth Working Group Meeting brought together 20 young participants to discuss sexual rights in order to ensure that Exclaim! truly reflects youth perspectives. The participants came from Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Cameroon, Chile, Egypt, India, Iraq, Ireland, Lebanon, Mecedonia, Malawi, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, The Netherlands, Tunisia and the United Kingdom." (Why A Guide On Sexual Rights, 6)

What no USA involvement. This appears to be targeted at developing countries as it is written by the International Planned Parenthood Federation. I also don't see how 20 'Youths" can possible know the sexual "right", "needs", whatever of the entire world.

Note: the quote is cited in MLA format. So I am not braking any rules INGO is safe.

Top Bottom